• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Conservation in the Trumpocene (4 Viewers)

No. Do your own homework, or disregard my assertions. The back-story in Sweden is the cover-up on what is actually going on and you've obviously made up your mind. I won't waste a second beyond this screed.

Claims, whether routine or extraordinary, require evidence, whether routine or extraordinary, to be cited by the claimant in support.

Special pleading in mitigation, such as 'do your own homework' has no merit of any kind in support of your claim, and so your claim can be disregarded until such time that you provide evidence to support it. Unsupported assertions have no weight in any discussion or debate where there is disagreement, a fundamental requirement of civil discourse.
MJB

Claims, whether routine or extraordinary, require evidence, whether routine or extraordinary, to be cited by the claimant in support.

Special pleading in mitigation, such as 'do your own homework' has no merit of any kind in support of your claim, and so your claim can be disregarded until such time that you provide evidence to support it. Unsupported assertions have no weight in any discussion or debate where there is disagreement, a fundamental requirement of civil discourse.
MJB

I get it, MJB; you're stating the obvious. ...."fundamental requirement of civil discourse" --poignant phrase there....
If I were to engage with you here and then call you a racist or bigot, you'd think twice about any further dialogue.

Those labels and assertions are rubbish and my time is too valuable to banter with those who toss those words around.

Last edited:
Engaging in a serious way with litebeam is an utter waste of time. He's a loon, a simple-minded zealot frightened to death of Muslims, who believes that we "pompous elitists. . .may very likely welcome things like Sharia law with it's (sic!) abhorrant (sic!) cultural nuances (sic!) such as genital mutilation. . .". Crazy, just crazy!

"An utter waste of time"...yet here you are wasting more time.... again.
Rent-free in that fuglian™ dome.... :clap:

I have to chuckle, every time there is some dialogue between me and someone else here you intercede, spouting the same mundane, "'loon, zealot'....'Muslim's are coming!" spew.

One of these days it may sink in, *your condescension is a badge of honor* And I mean that! It's especially gratifying in the age of MAGA. :king:

I get it, MJB; you're stating the obvious. ...."fundamental requirement of civil discourse" --poignant phrase there....
If I were to engage with you here and then call you a racist or bigot, you'd think twice about any further dialogue.

Those labels and assertions are rubbish and my time is too valuable to banter with those who toss those words around.

Yet again, you trot out unsupported assertions as a feeble response which has nothing to do with the subject of the thread. When you persist in special pleading - '...my time is too valuable...' (A somewhat ironic statement, given your numerous denigratory posts) - your hidden shallows have been exposed.

Your use of the subjunctive is praiseworthy, were it not employed in projection...

I do hope you have a peaceful and enjoyable Spring, but a record 99F in Oklahoma on 12 Feb and 60-70F in states along the latitude of north Michigan this early suggests not - also 47C in much of southeastern Australia also points to extremes that will have lasting effects!
MJB

Yet again, you trot out unsupported assertions as a feeble response which has nothing to do with the subject of the thread. When you persist in special pleading - '...my time is too valuable...' (A somewhat ironic statement, given your numerous denigratory posts) - your hidden shallows have been exposed.

'Hidden shallows', I like it very much! ;)

Your use of the subjunctive is praiseworthy, were it not employed in projection...

I do hope you have a peaceful and enjoyable Spring, but a record 99F in Oklahoma on 12 Feb and 60-70F in states along the latitude of north Michigan this early suggests not - also 47C in much of southeastern Australia also points to extremes that will have lasting effects!
MJB

I know what subjunctive mood is, MJB; and I suppose we now know that you do too. More pompous, nit-picking garbage. Do you actually think that I somehow care about your praise? Think again.

You guys with your fawning self-importance are the exact reason that we have Trump. And there will be political blood on the euro-front as well. Wait and see.

Like poor, despondent fugl, you'll own it. :king:

I know what subjunctive mood is, MJB; and I suppose we now know that you do too. More pompous, nit-picking garbage. Do you actually think that I somehow care about your praise? Think again.

You guys with your fawning self-importance are the exact reason that we have Trump. And there will be political blood on the euro-front as well. Wait and see.

Like poor, despondent fugl, you'll own it. :king:

"Fawning self-importance"???

Last edited:
That's it? This sophomoric crap is what you guys offer now? More laughter!...

In other important news....
https://townhall.com/news/politics-...pipeline-protest-camp-cleanup-begins-n2289720
Enviro-hypocrites not only leave mountains of trash and human waste, but they burn the place spewing toxic filth into the air..
Reminds one of the incessant whiners here; all 'end-of-world' squeal, no action.

But...wait for it....we'll see that I omitted a comma! 3:)

I've followed this thread but kept out of it partly because of its focus on American politics but also because I find it altogether too vituperative for my taste. However, I do wonder whether there is anything that the Trump administration is doing (or proposing to do) regarding the environment, conservation in general and birds in particular that you, Litebeam, have reservations, minor or grave, about. I can think of a couple that I would imagine anyone with an interest in the natural world would find difficult to defend without compromising their principles. This isn't meant to be an attack on your position but simple curiosity.

I've followed this thread but kept out of it partly because of its focus on American politics but also because I find it altogether too vituperative for my taste. However, I do wonder whether there is anything that the Trump administration is doing (or proposing to do) regarding the environment, conservation in general and birds in particular that you, Litebeam, have reservations, minor or grave, about. I can think of a couple that I would imagine anyone with an interest in the natural world would find difficult to defend without compromising their principles. This isn't meant to be an attack on your position but simple curiosity.

Think you've flummoxed him, John. ;)

fawning self-importance are the exact reason that we have Trump.

is, not are. Just helping ;)

By the way, I find nowadays in Europe loads of people think America is crap again, like they did when George Bush was president, only worse. Not that we are qualified to judge or anything given the media, but the White House does come over to us like a bunch of shady folk with vested interests. I'm surprised the rhetoric "America first, make America great again" worked for Trump - I'm disppointed with the people, really.

Last edited:
Oh dear Fugl.....sorry you have to keep posting such depressing news, but thanks anyway :t:

I'm waiting for Trump to say something concrete about species protection - wolves?

The new Interior Secretary has been a long time proponent of removing legal protections on wolves and grizzlies, in the Rocky Mountain region at least. So could be a rough decade ahead for wolves in that region

Probably should also be repeated here. The best way to deal with trolls is not to feed them. If you see posts that only exist to antagonize people: ignore them.

I don't know.
The guy has been in office a mere month, let's give things a few months and re-evaluate, shall we?
btw...What do you know?
I suspect that you know exactly what the overwhelmingly Trump-negative press is putting out at this point: gloom and doom, the-earth-is-dying rhetoric as it relates to his policies.
Regarding the NDAP (pipeline) what is happening real-time? Has Trump trashed the landscape? No, he hasn't. But the "protesters" sure the hell have.
Hypocrites here won't touch the link I provided with a ten foot pole, but they'll attack a verb tense! lol...
"Never eat your own" is the liberal mantra. It's why Bernie-lovers like fugl have to snuggle with Trump/Pence for the next eight years+.

The whiny basement dwellers earned it. They blew their chance and now they can't deal with it. Schadenfreude.

Attachments

• tears.jpeg
    tears.jpeg
    11.6 KB · Views: 135
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back