• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What's the weather doing where you are? Aug-Nov 2008 (1 Viewer)

Variable today......a lot of cloud and mizzle at times, then sunny spells. Warm, temp already at 14C.

Not many birds in the garden, but I did see a Goldcrest as I walked to a friend's house a while ago.

Dull and starting to brighten up.

There a quite few birds inn the back garden at the moment. Looking forward to seeing our latest visitor The Great Spotted Woodpecker on our nut feeder. :-O

Today was a lot calmer as the wind had died down but I was stuck at work so couldn't get out birding. :smoke:
Off work tomorrow though and the forecast is good so I'll sneak in an hour or three in the fresh air :t:

Today was a lot calmer as the wind had died down but I was stuck at work so couldn't get out birding. :smoke:
Off work tomorrow though and the forecast is good so I'll sneak in an hour or three in the fresh air :t:

hi Gill

Enjoy your day out whatever you do. :t:

The weather has been alright today though a tad on the dull side. A bit of drizzly rain came down on our way back from the supermarket.

We want to go to Sandy RSPB tomorrow, so we hope that the weather remains dry and stable.

A 'can't make my mind up' day for the weather. An hour ago there was lovely blue sky and I contemplated hanging out the washing, then it clouded over, now it's back sunny......;)

It is dull and raining at the moment so we have decided to got to Gafham to the bike shop instead.

So this is our trip out this afternoon. Sandy RSPB will be on our agenda next week instead.

I went to Boulmer this morning as it was lovely and sunny :t: The tide was out so I had a very enjoyable hour or two going through the various rock pools and looking for cowrie shells (couldn't find any) and then headed along the beach and back via the clifftops.
There wasn't a huge amount of birdlife around rather surprisingly but I did enjoy a male Red-breasted Merganser diving in the bay amongst a couple of Cormorants and a small flock of Eider. Flocks of Goldinch where feeding on thistles atop the cliffs and two pairs of Stonechat were perching prominently on umbellifer heads.

Like I say, not a lot around at the moment but it was just lovely to get out and about in the fresh air :t: I'm now chilled out enough to relax and cook dinner, do the ironing and then, this evening, make a start on a letter to my birder penpal :t:

Rainy Morning and it brightened up about 4pm this afternoon.

Went to Grafham Water and had a good look around, visiting hides and a general walk for a couple of hours. Had a conversations with another couple who are keen birders so that make our afternoon.

Last edited:
Hi Kathy,

The LTT's were in the garden again this morning. A Robin sang his melancholy song, it was still fairly dark so I diidn't see him but it was lovely to hear his song first thing in the morning. A flock of 50+ Fieldfare and Redwing flew fairly low over the garden, so I reckon they are not too far away feeding.

Last night was good...a Fox in the garden!:D

Hope you enjoy your day at Sandy!:t:

Mild and 11c this morning.

hi Pam

Just over looked this post just a little bit |:$||:$|

Thanks for your reply. What a damp old day here in Bedford.

Great to hear that you have LTT's in your garden once more, and as for the Fieldfare and the Redwings - they are just the best to have around. :-O

We decided against Sandy, and went to Grafham Water instead. Did some birdwatching there today and added post to Your Day birding. :-O

Great to have a Fox in your garden too! Is he a regular one?

Dull and grey looking much like yesterday's weather. Looks although the rain might appear yet.

Got up late today and I see that the Blackies are making their presence known. Mr B is sitting high on his branch making sure that I see him as usual.

We had a flock of about 30 Starlings appearing at the feeders over the last few days. Great to see them in their little huddle once more!! o:)

Started off brightly overcast but turned to drizzly rain at midday and very murky. 9c.

Garden was full of coal tits, blue tits, jays, magpies and a robin this morning. We bought a new feeder on Saturday and it is being very well received.

Same as everyone else. Goldfinches and Greenfinches not deterred by it.

Found two circles of feathers in the garden on Saturday; both Greenfinches. I think it was two birds, unless the Hawk had been disturbed and had moved over a few feet. It would be unusual, because they normally fly off and eat elsewhere when disturbed.

Baz.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back