• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nassau, Bahamas ... some sort of Sandpiper? (1 Viewer)

Canadian Lady

Hi everyone. This bird (along with numerous others) was sighted daily Jan. 12-19 on the beach, by the main swimming pool, by the restaurants looking for handouts, etc.

Just wondering if anyone can positively I.D. this bird? Thank You.

Arrgh! How do I delete this thread? The photo file size is too large!:eek!: A bit difficult to I.D. an invisible bird! :-O

Sorry everyone. Please ignore this AND the other identical thread. (sigh) Lack of sleep, PMS and too much Chocolate has affected my brain!

Last edited:
Arrgh! How do I delete this thread? The photo file size is too large!:eek!: A bit difficult to I.D. an invisible bird! :-O
You may use a program to crop the image or show fewer pixels, and then upload the result to an answer to this thread

Niels

birdboybowley and Niels, everyone ... ok, photo has been re-sized and posted in Gallery, Birds Of The Caribbean, photo: sand 4. Please take a look at it.

Thank You.

Hi again! Your bird is a Ruddy Turnstone - they can be quite tame in some places, and pretty omnivorous as there are recorded cases of them feeding on corpses washed up on the tideline over here!!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back