• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A distant NELondon Accipiter this morning. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get off my butt everyday, come hail rain or shine and go out into the field, “harvesting” what’s around and if I find something of (what I think might be of interest), I put it on BF.
What was your last offering?
If you search for my username you can see my recent posts. I think it's about 15 for the last couple of days. I was the only person to offer ids for 2 queries, I think; one of only 2 people to offer an id for a third.

I agree I've never posted a poor, out of focus or blurred pic of a eurasian sparrowhawk if that's what you mean.

As hard as it may be, I would suggest restraint by any future would be responders to similar threads, I for one wish I’d never bothered looking, let alone responding to this thread.

I must admit it’s only schadenfreude (another new word for you KenM?) that keeps me looking at his threads.

Remind me, I must listen to my own advice. 🤣

I usually sit on the sidelines of these threads, knowing other responders will vent my silent frustrations of yet more BOC shots of yet another common species trying to be dragged out into something else but the excessive OP use of "speech marks" around every other statement has irritated me more than I thought possible at this genial time of year! Right. That's my vent over...I'm off birding tomorrow 😆

If you search for my username you can see my recent posts. I think it's about 15 for the last couple of days. I was the only person to offer ids for 2 queries, I think; one of only 2 people to offer an id for a third.

I agree I've never posted a poor, out of focus or blurred pic of an eurasian sparrowhawk if that's what you mean.

Pity you didn’t have the courage of your conviction to ID it then, why was that, perhaps you were unsure as everybody else was, but preferred not to expose your shortcomings in that direction?

As hard as it may be, I would suggest restraint by any future would be responders to similar threads, I for one wish I’d never bothered looking, let alone responding to this thread.

I must admit it’s only schadenfreude (another new word for you KenM?) that keeps me looking at his threads.

I'm late to this but to be fair 'a distant accipiter' in the thread title was probably enough of a health warning.

Yes, I pity you for not heeding your own advice. Presumably you can’t resist my charm…how sad that you should be drawn to someone of my ilk, the attraction is not mutual, I assure you!

I'm late to this but to be fair 'a distant accipiter' in the thread title was probably enough of a health warning.

It’s never too late Stephen it’s been ID’d…just a communal garden Sprawk with a rounded tail.
I’m sure a man of your abilities would’ve spotted that at 400m.

I usually sit on the sidelines of these threads, knowing other responders will vent my silent frustrations of yet more BOC shots of yet another common species trying to be dragged out into something else but the excessive OP use of "speech marks" around every other statement has irritated me more than I thought possible at this genial time of year! Right. That's my vent over...I'm off birding tomorrow 😆
Let’s hope all your finds are imaged and within spitting distance, then we can all share them in glorious technicolour.🤣

Let’s hope all your finds are imaged and within spitting distance, then we can all share them in glorious technicolour.🤣
Ken I've also seen the reply after this swiping at me. Basically people are giving you good advice through increasingly gritted teeth. After the pipit thread a bit of humility would be appropriate.

Ken I've also seen the reply after this swiping at me. Basically people are giving you good advice through increasingly gritted teeth. After the pipit thread a bit of humility would be appropriate.
The Pipit thread was explained as an erroneous image placement on my part, says he through gritted teeth.
Just drop the pomp and ceremony.

Pity you didn’t have the courage of your conviction to ID it then, why was that, perhaps you were unsure as everybody else was, but preferred not to expose your shortcomings in that direction?
?
If you meant by this why didn't I offer a proper analysis of your picture I'll confess I fell into the same trap as Bismarck honeyeater.

It was with some tremulous sense of forthcoming morbid fascination that I gingerly ventured on to your latest attention-grabbing-bad-sparrowhawk-pic thread at all. And I shouldn't have. Not doing so will be my new year's resolution... ("Just say no!")

Meanwhile, let's hope some proper queries come along again soon...

The Pipit thread was explained as an erroneous image placement on my part, says he through gritted teeth.
Just drop the pomp and ceremony.
What 'pomp and ceremony'? I genuinely don't understand.

As I'm late to this I'll depart now. Good birding one and all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back