• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Another mini fluid head - Leofoto Ranger BV1 (1 Viewer)

I'm more than a little puzzled by some of Leofoto's products. The only version shown on their European website is the BV-1R with panorama bases top and bottom - what for?
They even offer so-called monopod heads with a panorama base and spirit levels, one even with two panorama bases!!!
With all this redundancy, and unlike many other manufacturers, they and Sirui don't offer any QR plates with anti-rotation pins and the option of 3/8"x16 screws.
The head shown in the video, however, does look quite interesting with fluid motion, counterbalance and the panning lever adjustment.
It's very small though with a 46 mm diameter base. For comparison, the Berlebach 2-way heads have a 68 mm base.

John

I'm more than a little puzzled by some of Leofoto's products. The only version shown on their European website is the BV-1R with panorama bases top and bottom - what for?
They even offer so-called monopod heads with a panorama base and spirit levels, one even with two panorama bases!!!
With all this redundancy, and unlike many other manufacturers, they and Sirui don't offer any QR plates with anti-rotation pins and the option of 3/8"x16 screws.
The head shown in the video, however, does look quite interesting with fluid motion, counterbalance and the panning lever adjustment.
It's very small though with a 46 mm diameter base. For comparison, the Berlebach 2-way heads have a 68 mm base.

John
Their websites(US and abroad) are a little hard to decipher. I will say the BV-10 has turned out to be a really good head and it looks as if the BV-5 is going to be just as good but a little lighter. So far I've been impressed with Leofoto's products!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back