• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Anyone can recommend a good binocular under 200 euro? I prefer 8x32. (1 Viewer)

I gather that a lot of the soviet stuff is pretty β€œsturdy” meaning that you could probably drive nails with it.

Thanks, as I said, I had no clue.
I actually bought one that was beyond my means to repair as it was so badly dented and warped. Looked like someone drove a car over it. So I guess, you can ruin them if you use enough force. But in general they are pretty sturdy and well sealed. Never did I see fogged up prisms or dust and dirt on the inside. I guess the "black goo" they use to seal them does its job pretty well and the felt rings on the ocular turrets also keep dust and dirt out.

Binocollector mentioned the Nikon P7 8x30 as being unusable with glasses. I had the same fear, but took a chance. With my glasses they seem to work okay as long as I mind my eye placement. Others may be annoyed by that or be unable to use them with their glasses. I decided to order thru Amazon, so that I could send them back if necessary. I had the Vortex DB's, until I gave them away, and they are a fine binocular for the price. I wish they had Viper 8x32's.

I'm beginning to think that I need unusually long eye-relief to be able to use binos with glasses. I heard others having no problem either using the P7 with glasses. To me about half of the FoV was cut off.

I'm beginning to think that I need unusually long eye-relief to be able to use binos with glasses. I heard others having no problem either using the P7 with glasses. To me about half of the FoV was cut off.
I think that may be the case, I have the SV202 8x32 and have no problems with seeing the full field of view with my specs on. I do find the focus, although it has a nice tension to it, is a little slow for my peferences. My sample is well built though.

I have found that what works for me with eye relief is not the same for others. This I think is the case where you can't be sure until you try it. The P7's work for me, but they are finicky when it comes to eye positioning. I was actually rather surprised they worked.

Binocollector mentioned the Nikon P7 8x30 as being unusable with glasses. I had the same fear, but took a chance. With my glasses they seem to work okay as long as I mind my eye placement. Others may be annoyed by that or be unable to use them with their glasses. I decided to order thru Amazon, so that I could send them back if necessary. I had the Vortex DB's, until I gave them away, and they are a fine binocular for the price. I wish they had Viper 8x32's.
Assuming you like the P7 8x30 more than the DB 8x32, since you gave away the DB. What led you to that decision?

Assuming you like the P7 8x30 more than the DB 8x32, since you gave away the DB. What led you to that decision?
I gave the DB to my niece, she was going on a trip. I found the eye relief didn't work well for me anyway. Oddly the P7, if you position it the right way, had better eye relief for me. It also has a good fov. The DB is a good binocular though. I have the 8x28 DB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back