• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Binocular strap for 8 x 32 bins (2 Viewers)

Steve Babbs

Sadly the strap for my Zeiss FL 8 X 32 died of old age recently. I replaced it with a cheap one but that is not as comfortable. The £45 for a new Zeiss one seems a bit excessive. Anyone have a good suggestion for a slightly cheaper but comfortable one?

Sadly the strap for my Zeiss FL 8 X 32 died of old age recently. I replaced it with a cheap one but that is not as comfortable. The £45 for a new Zeiss one seems a bit excessive. Anyone have a good suggestion for a slightly cheaper but comfortable one?
Just to confirm (since I see Zeiss have a harness at that price) you're looking for a replacement strap comparable to this Zeiss "Air Cell Padded" one?

Just to confirm (since I see Zeiss have a harness at that price) you're looking for a replacement strap comparable to this Zeiss "Air Cell Padded" one?
Yes. That's already a lot cheaper, thanks. I'm not at all worried about having the Zeiss name on the strap, if anyone has other suggestions.

Yes. That's already a lot cheaper, thanks. I'm not at all worried about having the Zeiss name on the strap, if anyone has other suggestions.
I have never experienced any such strap to "die from old age". What did you do to it. They seem so sturdy.

However, for these small models, they seem rather too large. So when getting my SFL 8x30, I replaced the Zeiss strap with a BIN/OP STRAP - QD from OP/TECH USA.

I have never experienced any such strap to "die from old age". What did you do to it. They seem so sturdy.

However, for these small models, they seem rather too large. So when getting my SFL 8x30, I replaced the Zeiss strap with a BIN/OP STRAP - QD from OP/TECH USA.
It just got very ragged at the edges so it rubbed my neck. Ten years old and used a lot. The bins are looking rather tatty too but they have held up far better than my Nikon HGs which looked ancient after about three years.

All my Nikon HGLX going strong, the armor and focus has held up very well. As have many other owners over the years, who take care of their glass.

I have the black, subdued Swarovski Optik strap from my 10X42 EL SV on my 8X32 SF, and it is just fine. It was a bit narrow for the heavier glass, but is good for the lighter.

Have you considered the Rick Young harness?

Last edited:
Sorry only just see the recent replies. A very generous member is sending me a spare Zeiss strap that they have. It might be worth keeping this open for anyone else looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back