• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Biografien osteuropäischer Ornithologen (2 Viewers)

Effusive thanks indeed to both Bjorn and Laurent for introducing this Biografien Osteurop. Ornith. thread and the Ornis Germanica (#71) (Kleinschmidt is not always fathomable, but the latter has enabled me to insert over sixty new names in The Key (my favourites are zilpzalp and margolf)).

Effusive thanks indeed to both Bjorn and Laurent for introducing this Biografien Osteurop. Ornith. thread and the Ornis Germanica (#71) (Kleinschmidt is not always fathomable, but the latter has enabled me to insert over sixty new names in The Key (my favourites are zilpzalp and margolf)).
You're welcome James, only glad to help.

And, I sure agree on the favourite zilpzalp, fantastic name. And accurate. The Chiffchaff do sounds like that.

As a mere side-track, or a matter of curiosity; here in Sweden we learn to remember its song by the rigmarole: "salt sill, silt salt, salt sill ..." [salt sill (in Swedish) = Salty/Salted (or even Pickled) Herring!]. That's an odd wish, or food preference, for a Warbler.

Cheers

Last edited:
I search the full volume of this journal

This particular volume mainly includes papers authored by Andrzej Dunajewski and by Janusz Domaniewski.

The front and back matters of the volume, and all the papers by Dunajewski can be downloaded from here :
But all the papers by Domaniewski are treated there as under copyright, and cannot be accessed.

(Dunajewski died in 1944; Domaniewski died on 15 Mar 1954; this is probably the reason for the difference in treatment. Note that, if what they use is 70 years after the author's death, Domaniewski's papers should in principle go out of copyright the day after tomorrow...)

Anyway, if you find another source, I'd be interested too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back