• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding with Bill Oddie - TV Series (1 Viewer)

John Sherratt

I've come accross several references to Birding with Bill Oddie, which I gather ran to about 3 series some 10 years or so ago.

I'd like to watch it now as (shame on me) at the time I missed it, my fault I was having a "lapse" in bird watching at the time :-C

I've checked on Amazon etc, no luck, does anybody know if it was ever released on video/dvd and where I might be able to get copies of the shows to watch? Or do you think there's any chance they might get repeated sometime?

Any help appreciated. Cheers, John Sherratt

John, I've never managed to find it either but, if you have Sky or cable it has been repeated on UKTV Gardens every so often. Not sure whether every series has been on though.

It's a shame if they've not been released. I would have thought there would be enough demand to make it worth the Beeb releasing them, unless there's any sort of copyright/royalty issue that makes it a non-starter. Thanks for the tip about UKTV gardens, Craig. I must admit I'd not thought of that I'll try and remember to keep an eye out for that. We do have Sky but I tend not to take too much notice of what's on there!

Last edited:
The only programmes thof Bill that are on DVD are his How To Watch Wildlife shows. You can buy the book of the series of Birding With Bill Oddie in Amazon it's a great book

Attachments

• birdingbill.jpg
    birdingbill.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 133
It's a shame if they've not been released. I would have thought there would be enough demand to make it worth the Beeb releasing them, unless there's any sort of copyright/royalty issue that makes it a non-starter. Thanks for the tip about UKTV gardens, Craig. I must admit I'd not thought of that I'll try and remember to keep an eye out for that. We do have Sky but I tend not to take too much notice of what's on there!

Not on air currently but they appear to have a reminder facility.

http://uktv.co.uk/gardens/item/aid/582894

For some reason they only ever show series 1 and 2 on UKTV Gardens. I have never seen the 3rd series in which I believe Bill goes on various overseas birding holidays. :C

Like Keith I have them on some old VHS videos taped from the tv. I did enquire about a year or so ago with the BBC but they had no plans to release them on DVD etc. They would make a killing on these at the RSPB reserve shops and their mail order catologue, seems a wasted opportunity by the BBC to make some money- no wonder folk are losing their jobs at the BBC!!! ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back