• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CONFUSED! Teals (1 Viewer)

Welsh Peregrine was spot on!

It seems to have been coined to denote the the difference between a spotter and a photographer within the main spotting fraternity. You have something similar in the birding world which I discovered last weekend, a twitcher and a photographer as in "sorry mate, I only photograph the birds, no idea what they are, ask a twitcher"
In the railway world, which I think is where it started, a spotter and a fotter are always at loggerheads, a spotter will stand on a platform getting his numbers while the fotter just wants a nice clean shot and lets this be known on occasions in a very vocal and loud way, and with a lot of anglo-saxon words thrown in for good measure.
Ken

Yes,
what is becoming of our language, I despair at times, becoming so lazy that we can't say the whole word and corrupting it to the point that we have to guess the meaning!

Andy

Says the guy who couldn't be bothered to write 'Wikipedia' in his previous post...;)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back