• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

CRYPTIC plumage 2 (1 Viewer)

Certainly.....

P/N: Did that bird really come running round that [highlight]hill[/highlight] wearing a [highlight]waistcoat[/highlight]!? (9)
....further hint to an element of the the clue: Ed Sheeran wrote a song about this.

And a totally different clue to the same bird:

P/N: Testing times for the young fisherman, especially having broken down last week (9)

Guillemot

Certainly.....

P/N: Did that bird really come running round that hill wearing a waistcoat? (9)
....further hint to an element of the the clue: Ed Sheeran wrote a song about this.

And a totally different clue to the same bird:

P/N: Testing times for the young fisherman, especially having broken down last week (9)

Guillemot?!?

Correct ET on Yellowhammer B :)

(oops not Long-tailed Duck!)

I’ll let you ponder t’others ...

Last edited:
Guess a Skua is more a pirate!?

You guess correct!

The next lot from me will be slightly harder, you lot are too good at this! 8-P

Still need no.13

13. N. Minority voting trend leading to conflict before sounding unclear. (9,7)

Last edited:
The pirate clue says 4-6, 4. I don’t understand how that equals skua? Please help!

1. N. Minority voting trend leading to conflict before sounding unclear. (9,7)

so a clue for the above - it’s a N.American bird breeding in Western States - BLM!

As promised, making it harder by not disclosing letter count!

2. WP Amy went back to this closely followed - by deity with sharp mind.

3. Australian 4 First person gets removed from international furniture store

4. N Words of encouragement to man of the cloth?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back