• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Curlew Recovery South Lakes (1 Viewer)

trw

Found out about this on a Facebook page. If you copy and paste ' Curlew Recovery South Lakes ' into google it should take you there.
I used to cover this area before moving and only ever saw one Curlew chick which was soon predated by a crow, so I was pleased to see that four chicks were produced last year. It doesn't sound a lot but even that's a fourfold increase over what I'd normally find which was generally none whatsoever.
There's a go-fund me page somewhere along the way, on google or possibly the Facebook page, if you're interested in donating something.
Every little helps.
The Curlew situation must be dire generally. I've recorded Curlew passing through a regular migration area not far from where this project is taking place. Around 12 years or so ago and before, there'd be over a thousand stopping off from their journey from the coast the inland breeding areas in March.
This year they didn't even reach three figures. Eighty was the most I counted and that's been the case for the past few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back