• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Danish Woodland Webcam (3 Viewers)

Dip into this far more than I should.

First rodent this evening - shrew at 20:18, ran up the stream. Initially thought might be a Water Shrew ... dark uppers, white under, but can't gauge size very well. (EDIT: went back and reviewed images of small birds in same area in daytime - much happier with size for Water Shrew now)

Last edited:
No food put out so not much about so far today, except this wee stotter, as they say in Glasgow (or used to):

Attachments

• 2024-02-16 Yellowhammer.jpg
    2024-02-16 Yellowhammer.jpg
    417.3 KB · Views: 7
Looks like there are lots more insects and no snow - has it been mild in Denmark?

Same latitude as N England/S Scotland - must be!

No food put out so not much about so far today, except this wee stotter, as they say in Glasgow (or used to):

Not managed to see a Yellowhammer in real time yet ...

Plenty of Willow Tit activity today. First Coal Tit for me at 16:18 and later.

And how close are that Fox and Magpie at 17:11?!

Is it too early in the year for bats? I’m seeing quite a few insects. Also did anyone see the program which had bats that hibernate in the snow - fascinating!

Is it too early in the year for bats? I’m seeing quite a few insects. Also did anyone see the program which had bats that hibernate in the snow - fascinating!
I've been struggling a while whether there are midges or small flurries of water droplets! But, definitely some proper insects (caddisfly type things?).

Imagine generally too early for bats proper, although I did see my first of the year back on the 8th Feb.

Me too - I’m now thinking mixture of hail and midges along with (agree) larger caddies fly or moths?

Could it have been a Pheasant? One in the picture at 1310. Lively place.
Per
I had another listen later on, but turned the volume up instead of having it on low! I'm 99% happy with Jay - they do lots of weird calls including bubbling chicken like etc. Presume they also mimic things like Crane in their repertoire. The Pheasant today was quite vocal - typical harsh Pheasant notes.

Birds alarming a lot at 11:28 - a new mammal walked through ...

On another note, keeping an eye on the catkins developing in the centre of the image.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back