• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Difficulty Bonding with 8x32 EL (1 Viewer)

The very first test of any binocular should be..... 'can I use these' ...... then followed by optical specifications. If they do not 'fit' you, either in the hands, or upto your eye, then they are useless, regardless of their optical quality. People seem hung up on specifications, and other peoples views. But there is a reason there are so many to choose from.
I understand you were unable to test due to pandemic, but it's never worth the gamble. At least Swaro's hold good value, so you shouldn't lose too much when you change them, and it'll be worth it when you get 'your' perfect pair..... which a million and one people will tell you aren't as good as the ones they chose lol !!!

The very first test of any binocular should be..... 'can I use these' ...... then followed by optical specifications. If they do not 'fit' you, either in the hands, or upto your eye, then they are useless, regardless of their optical quality. People seem hung up on specifications, and other peoples views. But there is a reason there are so many to choose from.
I understand you were unable to test due to pandemic, but it's never worth the gamble. At least Swaro's hold good value, so you shouldn't lose too much when you change them, and it'll be worth it when you get 'your' perfect pair..... which a million and one people will tell you aren't as good as the ones they chose lol !!!
I agree. I am continuing to use the 8x32 EL for hiking while I look for a high quality 7x42/8x42 to replace them.

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back