• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Feisol CT3372 and Cley Spy Mulepack (1 Viewer)

Taxboy

I've acquired a Cley Spey Mulepack and the instructions state the top strap needs to go around the centre column.....However my Feisol does not have a centre column does this mean I will have to try and obtain one to use the Mulepack ? or are there any workarounds please. I use the tripod with a Manfrotto MVH 500 head.

TIA

I found this photo of the Mulepack:
mulepack-by-cley-spy-uk.jpg

I wonder if it is possible to fit the upper most strap around all three legs at the hub just below head? And perhaps the next strap down around the tops (just below the hub) of the two legs facing the bag?

I found this photo of the Mulepack:
mulepack-by-cley-spy-uk.jpg

I wonder if it is possible to fit the upper most strap around all three legs at the hub just below head? And perhaps the next strap down around the tops (just below the hub) of the two legs facing the bag?
Thanks for that. I'll give it a try

Thanks for that. I'll give it a try
I did try attaching to the base of the head but it never felt particularly secure to me.
However I have found a resolution by purchasing a spacer made by Benro. It's designed to raise geared tripod heads so the adjustment knobs don't catch on the base. Essentially it's a short centre column that screws into the centre plate and gives just enough height to attach the pack to

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back