• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (1 Viewer)

KK, I'm back for more!

red-throat #1 is an absolute beauty and epiphonises all that makes the Orkney so beautiful and magical.

red-throat #2 is a terrific set of sketches, incredibly detailed an accurate, a fantastic study:t:

red-throat #3 is a serpentine beast of folklore whispered about by the ancient orkney clans of days gone by

and lapwing in the light is a divine work of sheer goddess-like, pagan beauty that yanks at your heart and calls your soul to form a lifelong bond with it.

sorry for the ramblings Tim but these are rather good :t:;)

reminds me a lot of these photos i took on South Stack a few weeks ago. Even looks like the same angle, viewing them from above standing on an opposite cliff!
IMGP1468.JPG

Some of the most light-filled watercolor around. As I said about some other paintings, the light is just as tactile and substantial as anything else. Just lovely.

I've just feasted my eyes on the Guillemots: simply sublime. I agree, the portrayal of the light on the dark tones is handled masterfully. Almost photogenic, but miles better.

Russ

Tim, the sunshine is doing you a power of good! Your latest output has been exceptional. I wish I had a half of your skill with watercolours.

Mike

Bit of a mixed bag here - sunlight is a bit sparse at the mo, but it's summer so I can at least try and recreate it in a painting (today is very pleasant, though). The ringed plovers pic isn't finished but I wonder if anyone has anything to say about it - it's from an idea the other evening when I was out drawing red-throats at Birsay Moors; the rain was spotting and a grey wash coloured the landscape.

Attachments

• puffsmall.jpg
    puffsmall.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 130
  • rainplov.jpg
    rainplov.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 88
The ringed plovers pic isn't finished but I wonder if anyone has anything to say about it -

IMO It's finished!! Leave it, it's just sublime, a wonderful piece of observation.

If it had a certain LJ signature in the bottom, we'd all think....******* :smoke:
and he knows when to stop ehh ;)

Edit - Okay, maybe the tail end of the near bird...and the legs...but no more..

Last edited:
Bit of a mixed bag here - sunlight is a bit sparse at the mo, but it's summer so I can at least try and recreate it in a painting (today is very pleasant, though). The ringed plovers pic isn't finished but I wonder if anyone has anything to say about it - it's from an idea the other evening when I was out drawing red-throats at Birsay Moors; the rain was spotting and a grey wash coloured the landscape.

extra brill Ringed Plovers- I think it is the reduced colour that gives it that extra extra bit o' class if that were possible: so just a fraction more filling in on tail and legs of left hand bird and surely you will leave it alone..

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back