• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

From Tim Wootton's Studio (6 Viewers)

Hi Tim
i just had a good look at your studio photo
the pictures on the wall are great especially the lower one of the Godwit (i think) can you post them

i also see you excercise machine gets as much use as mine as well

Happy Birthday Tim,B :)B :)

just dropping in for them waxwings again- they really are in a different class: so many waxwing pics are mostly grey, mostly brown or distorted so you can see the red and yellow on every bird: then there's these which are so rich in greys and browns but so balanced

and its your birthday- congratulations old bean

Thanks for the good wishes.
It seems waxwings are everywhere art-related at the moment. I am scratching through a canvas at the mo trying to remember what One actually does when One paints. Not easy, is it . . . .

Damn fine waxwings Tim, they are you at the top of your sketching tree. I've not even seen one this winter but those sketches are alive enough for me to feel like I have.

And I hope you had a good day yesterday B :)

Mike

Back to this canvas this afternoon for a couple of hours. Parts of the piece have come together as planned and I think this one's worth revisiting when time allows. I'll consider this a study for a future piece, I think . . .

Attachments

• waxys.jpg
    waxys.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 92
Parts of the piece have come together as planned and I think this one's worth revisiting when time allows. I'll consider this a study for a future piece, I think . . .

Sounds good Tim. There's an incredible sense of movement here, with almost every head turned in a different direction.

Does this need 're-investing' in?

It looks like a perfectly finished piece to me! Loads of movement and life, stuffed with character and all magically translated to canvas with the deftest of brushwork.

Beware the inner fiddler!

Mike

Your birds always seem so solid and rounded, occupying real space with their presence. I know what I mean, even if that doesn't make any sense!

great work so inviting in its soft muted tones. but full of light with the bg, interlaced twigs just right support and don't compete with them.

Sheer class those waxwings.....[and i agree with Woody...'beware the inner fiddler']....:t:

ps...oh...and a belated 'Happy Birthday'....[so how old are you now Tim]....?;)

Really lovely piece Tim, I think I'd echo the others and especially User, beware the inner fiddler!

Just been watching some myself this morning, welcome birds on the local patch.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back