• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Handboek Europese vogels (2 Viewers)

Is an electronic version planned? With the criticism in an earlier post of small text, I could see an electronic version being the only one that would benefit me. I am not exactly 25 anymore.
Niels
Nothing concrete but there have been discussions about electronic or an app, unfortunately I’m only involved in the translation and not those kind of decisions.
Cheers
James

With the criticism in an earlier post of small text . . .
English text runs out shorter than just about any major language except Chinese - so, one may hope that the designers of the English edition are being practical-minded enough to take advantage of the extra space available and use a larger body-text point-size than used for other languages.

I had a tweet yesterday informing me that "After 12 months the translations for Handboek Europese Vogels (ID Handbook of European Birds) by Nils van Duivendijk ... are done, fine-tuning and editing to come. Due autumn 2024" - just in time for my birthday I hope - fingers crossed!

John
My "local" bookshop has it listed for preorder with a release date (expected) of July 30th 2024: ID Handbook of European Birds (Bog, Hardback, Engelsk)

In the Netherlands they just released the fourth print. This one is slightly improved over the first three prints (adds some new illustrations and corrections) and adds a new chapter containing exotics. I think the addition of the new chapter is quite an addition, making this print more then a slightly improved print (in my opinion)
It made me selling my first print and buying the fourth print to be “up to date”
I’m curious if these latest changes will be available in the foreign releases also.

In the Netherlands they just released the fourth print. This one is slightly improved over the first three prints (adds some new illustrations and corrections) and adds a new chapter containing exotics. I think the addition of the new chapter is quite an addition, making this print more then a slightly improved print (in my opinion)
It made me selling my first print and buying the fourth print to be “up to date”
I’m curious if these latest changes will be available in the foreign releases also.
Yes they are, every time Nils updates something in the Dutch versions we made the same changes in the English.
Obviously there comes a point where the publishers won’t accept any more changes, but the English version has been constantly updated. At the same time it is being translated into Spanish by Marcel Gil and Dani Lopez, so if any interesting features, queries etc arose these have also been communicated to Nils.
Cheers
James

Users who are viewing this thread

Back