• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help! Coatings on Victory SF being... weird? (1 Viewer)

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to like my "SF with heterochromia" ^^
I've got a Dialyt 8x30BGAT*P dating back to 1990. The eyepiece lenses are quite different in colour. No differences in optical performance. These things happen from time to time due to minimal temperature variations in the coating process. Never bothered me.

Hermann

Ooook, another little update.

I got a call from the shop that they had response from Zeiss. (They had sent them photos and a description of the case)

Zeiss wrote (based on the photos) that they had never seen such an extreme difference in color in objective coatings and asked if it was possible to send them the bins for inspection.

So I brought the bins to the shop to be sent to Zeiss. Sadly they didn't stock a replacement pair and I'm now without a Victory SF. No big deal tho, as I luckily own other pairs of bins (Just a little sad to not have my "new toy" around to play with ;) )

Now I'm even more curious to hear what Zeiss has to say, but it might take a couple of days/weeks until I know what's going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back