• BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE!

You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

HGL and EDG, first impressions (1 Viewer)

dries1

Ap,

If you are not comfortable with a vice, perhaps a camera shop can help out - or send it to Nikon to tighten. Or even Cori Suddarth.

Andy W.

Conndomat

United States of Europe
Europe
Sent it to Nikon Germany, and they did an excellent job on it.

Hi,

I recently sent my EDG 8x32 for servicing; there were three defects:
1. The bridge was too loose. (the classic)
2. The rubber coating on the focus roller came off.
3. Diopter compensation moved when focusing.
It took 11 days ... shipping, repair, return shipping then the binocular were back in perfect condition!
Zeiss, Swarovski and Leica do not make that better or faster.
So a praise from me to Nikon.:t:

Andreas

Last edited:

MandoBear

In many of these hinge adjustments, one of the "holes" conceals a locking grub screw (allen headed or slotted) which has to be backed off first in order to enable the adjusting nut to be turned. Once the tension is right, re-tighten the locking grub screw.

Alexis Powell

Natural history enthusiast.
United States
In many of these hinge adjustments, one of the "holes" conceals a locking grub screw (allen headed or slotted) which has to be backed off first in order to enable the adjusting nut to be turned. Once the tension is right, re-tighten the locking grub screw.

Unfortunately that is not the case for the HG/LX.

--AP

Users who are viewing this thread