• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How is your 2020 List Going? (1 Viewer)

77 Blue-winged Teal at Marsh Wren Community Wetlands US-NE 16 Mar 2020
78. Prairie Falcon at Marsh Wren Community Wetlands US-NE 16 Mar 2020
79. Western Meadowlark

The falcon I had for the state, but the reviewer never fully accepted it and the state records ignored it. This one I have a photo of. I had it a couple of years back in Wyoming, but no photo.

With everything closed down for some time, we’re self-isolating here in LA. Wishing everybody safe social distanced birding during this bizarre time. Took a walk down from our house down to the LA River for a couple year birds:
310. Violet-green Swallow
311. Pin-tailed Whydah

This evening I went out looking for woodcocks. I had great looks at one bird in my spotlight and heard several more.

248. American Woodcock

Dave

I saw five new birds this morning, bringing my Year List up to 253.

249. Horned Grebe
250. Bonaparte’s Gull
251. Red-breasted Merganser
252. Greater Scaup
253. Tree Swallow

Dave

Went for a long hike in Nåsten today. Pretty birdless, but did have a lovely singing Woodlark in a clearing. Spring is approaching!

145. Woodlark

Early spring migrants are starting to trickle in. I found three this morning.

255. Louisiana Waterthrush
256. Savannah Sparrow
257. Brown Thrasher

Dave

This morning I found a mega rarity at a nearby farm, where I bird almost every day. There are only a handful of records of the species for the state. It was a West Virginia lifer (no. 287) and Preston County lifer (no. 240).

259. Western Meadowlark

Dave

This evening I went out to look for a regional rarity that was found earlier by another birder. I quickly found my target.

260. Ross’s Goose

Dave

This morning I found a mega rarity at a nearby farm, where I bird almost every day. There are only a handful of records of the species for the state. It was a West Virginia lifer (no. 287) and Preston County lifer (no. 240).

259. Western Meadowlark

Dave

Congratulations!

Enjoying today's sunshine near Paderborn:

51 Fieldfare
52 Common Stonechat
53 Tree Pipit
54 Water Pipit
55 Eurasian Tree Sparrow
56 Yellowhammer

An early start to the day at the Steinhorster Becken gave me:

57 Common Pheasant
58 Mute Swan
59 Gadwall
60 Northern Shoveler
61 Northern Lapwing
62 Common Skylark
63 Little Grebe
64 Garganey
65 Common Moorhen
66 Eurasian Teal
67 Eurasian Treecreeper
68 Great Cormorant
69 Ruddy Shelduck
70 Great Crested Grebe
71 Green Sandpiper

I'm only just beginning to catch on some of the birds I normally have seen by the end of Jan to mid Feb

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back