• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Identification Guide to European Passerines (1 Viewer)

joshjenkinsshaw

Kent Birder
Does anybody have a spare copy of the above book they are willing to give to me? I begin my ringing training in the summer but would like to start learning about in hand sexing, ageing etc now.
PM me....

Cheers,
JoshB :)

To be honest with you, the Svennson's is only really good (and it is truly good) when read with the bird in hand.
I have an earlier (than the current edition) Svennson's (c1974 IIRC) that I'd part with for the price of a couple of pints.

Anyone else noticed the type error on page 296 of Svennsons that the English for Linnet is the same as the Swedish? Or is it just my copy?

Anyone else noticed the type error on page 296 of Svennsons that the English for Linnet is the same as the Swedish? Or is it just my copy?

Actually there are 17 pages which contain errors, omissions or typos (including the English name for Linnet). In my copy, they are all corrected in the very last page. You should have that page.

Regards

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back