• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint BF Lockdown Listing - Autumn 2020 (1 Viewer)

I think my garden tick this morning is an addition to this list - Mediterranean Gull. Not been for a walk yet outside the garden this lockdown other than after a short drive which I think is outside the rules.

All the best

Paul

Attachments

• Med Gull D.jpg
    Med Gull D.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 5
I have just added Glossy Ibis to the list. One flew over the house this afternoon. Unusual to see one on it's own, must have over slept !!

How many people are in lockdown at the beginning of 2021? And will continue to be at some stage?

Just wondering if there would be any interest in a 'green' joint list along previous lines for this year? Maybe even run it for the whole year, or are there already other similar initiatives out there?

Re Green list: My old colleague Colin is doing something like that this year, see: http://northormesbynaturalist.blogspot.com/2021/01/lists-in-general-and-my-non-motorised.html
Lockdown restrictions or not, it's a good idea to try IMO, I know Wari up in Finland does one and I'm a sucker for comparing lists so would enjoy participating.
In France we can wander near and far currently though curfews are in force from 9pm to 6am in most of the country, 6pm to 6am in c20 départements, mostly in the east. So not hampering the birding at the moment!

Re Green list: My old colleague Colin is doing something like that this year, see: http://northormesbynaturalist.blogspot.com/2021/01/lists-in-general-and-my-non-motorised.html
Lockdown restrictions or not, it's a good idea to try IMO, I know Wari up in Finland does one and I'm a sucker for comparing lists so would enjoy participating.
In France we can wander near and far currently though curfews are in force from 9pm to 6am in most of the country, 6pm to 6am in c20 départements, mostly in the east. So not hampering the birding at the moment!
I've added a new thread to the listing section ;-) Do add the link above to that thread if you want (and any others you see - I reckon there must be planty doing it this year! See what we can make of a joint Europe list or even further afield ...

Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back