• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint Thread (1 Viewer)

Pachallis, I commented in the gallery, but that should definitely be a winner!! It is remarkably beautiful!!

I was out most of last week with a 104.5 temp. Ugh. My son hit 103.8 on the thermometer. Not a fun week last week. Finally, I am feeling better though... at least I'm vertical:) Here's a surf scoter in his element getting ready to slip under the surface to feed...

Attachments

• Surf Scoter.jpg
    Surf Scoter.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 104
Wow Peter. Love it. Since spring has sprung, sort of, maybe you can rest assured that the viruses will be going underground for a while. At least that is what I am hoping. We had our spring break last week and my son has had all that time for his body to heal from the aches and pains, sniffles, sneezes, coughs, fevers, everything, even bruises. But for some reason, on our way to his school today he had a fit of coughing that would not go away. I guess I used to have that reaction towards school too. Oh well, glad you are on the mend!

Beautiful piece of work Paschalis - Best of luck with the competition (but if there's any justice you shouldn't need it!).

Peter - I'm still endlessly amazed by the water in all your paintings. Stunning.

Peter, you sure know how to capture the look and feel of water (and the birds of course), consistently excellent work.

Mike

Already commented from the others, I wanted to add
my excitement every time I see this water texture Peter!
You are a real master!

Paschalis

Beautiful recent work on this thread and a pleasure to see all those hawfinches,wheatears and sparrows amongst many others on the forum in recent days.
I have had a work overload recently so haven't managed to post anything but keep popping in to see whats going on. Soon I am going down to the Pembrokeshire coast for a week and then joining an 'ornithological' course on the spring birds of Pembs which shoud be great fun. If I don't manage a few sketches that week there's no hope for me! Hope to get across to Skomer island weather permitting.
I have not deserted everyone-will get back to posting at the end of the month and till then will hover on the sidelineso:)

Peter, did I tell you I have a Townsend's Solitaire hanging around my backyard right here in the Wilamette Valley?
No sketches as of yet, but am watching intently and taking a few photos so I can get down to business sometime soon.

Just returned from a trip to Greece, to sketch birds-in particular Bonelli's eagles,
and I'd like to share the following sketches with you.
They are definitely not the best I could produce, but I hope they'll give you a taste of my
observations.

Paschalis

Attachments

• Bonellis eagle.jpg
    Bonellis eagle.jpg
    281.7 KB · Views: 94
  • Bonellis eagle.jpg1.jpg
    Bonellis eagle.jpg1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Bonellis eagle.jpg2.jpg
    Bonellis eagle.jpg2.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 78
  • Bonellis eagle.jpg3.jpg
    Bonellis eagle.jpg3.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Bonellis eagle.jpg4.jpg
    Bonellis eagle.jpg4.jpg
    274.1 KB · Views: 87
Welcome back Paschalis - hope you had a wondeful time back home. The drawings are outstanding with superb attention to detail and the living bird. Your observations of vegetation and habitat support the main characters brilliantly. I get the impression that you like to absorb everything about the encounter with wildlife, store it in the sketchbook for later use - almost directly from the life-drawings. It's beautiful, beautiful work.

..and a second portion...

Paschalis

Attachments

• Habichtsadlerküken.2.jpg
    Habichtsadlerküken.2.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 72
  • Habichtsadlerküken.jpg
    Habichtsadlerküken.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 69
  • Habichtsadlerküken.jpg1.jpg
    Habichtsadlerküken.jpg1.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 69
  • Habichtsadlerküken.jpg3.jpg
    Habichtsadlerküken.jpg3.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 93
  • Habichtsadlernest.jpg
    Habichtsadlernest.jpg
    260.2 KB · Views: 90
it's been too long away for me to give a comment on everything I've missed, but bloody hell, I've enjoyed looking at all of it!

My stuff is nothing compared to most of the art on this thread, but here are some of my latest colored pencil pieces.

Sorry about the grainy look to them, that is what colored pencils do. Trust me, they look better in person.

I hope you like them.....

Attachments

• Yellowhammer001.jpg
    Yellowhammer001.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 84
  • Bearded Readling001.jpg
    Bearded Readling001.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Kruper's Nuthatch002.jpg
    Kruper's Nuthatch002.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 67
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back