• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Joint Thread (1 Viewer)

Brilliant ... but the shoveler tops the bunch, you've really made clear the shape and form of that enormous bill (such a top notch piece of reference, as well as a beautiful painting in its own right).

Thank you all for the motivating comments!
I'd love to be more present here but my time is extremely limited at the moment!
I promise not to disappear!

Paschalis

Thank you all for the motivating comments!
I'd love to be more present here but my time is extremely limited at the moment!
I promise not to disappear!

Paschalis

Paschalis

Love the shoveler. Just returned from a wind swept Norfolk where I bought a copy of your book, European Bird Guide, excellent illustrations, gave me something to look at waiting for the wind to die down.

I think the european title is more fun and better describes the frustrations of birders sometimes. ;)

Last edited:
Fantastic work, as always, Paschalis!! I have to agree with everybody else about the shoveler, but the mandarin is my favorite. That is a mandarin, right? The habitat really works well with the duck in that piece.

Here are some recent daily paintings reflecting the colors of the season...

Attachments

• Dusky Canada Geese.jpg
    Dusky Canada Geese.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Pheasant.jpg
    Pheasant.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 42
  • pumpkin.jpg
    pumpkin.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Autumn #1.jpg
    Autumn #1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Woodies.jpg
    Woodies.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Thanks Arthur,
here's a coot... I was going for a peaceful feeling in this one.

Attachments

• American Coot.jpg
    American Coot.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Just fabulous Peter. Love the fall colours in the tree landscape, shimmering with the last warming rays of autumn. Gorgeous.
The coot is classic Mathios, supeb design and this waxwing painting tops the lot. Very classy, indeed.

It's all lovely work Peter but the coot is the outstanding piece for me. You aimed for a peaceful feel and achieved it in spades!

Mike

New Daily

A 4"x4" acrylic of an autumn goldfinch I saw the other day while on a walk. They seem to be pretty numerous this year out here in Oregon.

Attachments

• Autumn Goldfinch.jpg
    Autumn Goldfinch.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 78
Two beautiful paintings Peter. The boat pic is very atmospheric and your handling of the water is exemplarary - you make it look so easy!
This Am. goldfinch just glows with colour - a thing of real beauty.
Great work!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back