• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Juvenile warbler?? - Minsmere, Suffolk, UK (1 Viewer)

SueMW

United Kingdom
1V4A7740-Enhanced-NR.jpgHello everyone, New member to Birdforum seeking your help please as this one has got me stumped!
My 'feeling' is that its some kind of juvenile warbler, but having studied my Collins guide and looked for possible options online, I'm still not sure.
Many thanks!

Edited: with brightened image

Last edited:
Try brightening the picture Sue…as it’s looking very dark over Bill’s mother’s!🤣

It’s a Phylloscopus Warbler appearing to have emarginations on primaries 3,4, and 5 this should make it a Willow Warbler.

Cheers

View attachment 1519646Hello everyone, New member to Birdforum seeking your help please as this one has got me stumped!
My 'feeling' is that its some kind of juvenile warbler, but having studied my Collins guide and looked for possible options online, I'm still not sure.
Many thanks!
Chiffchaff, note dark legs and short primary extension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back