• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Lee Thickett (Troubador) - R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

Lee and I would communicate frequently. However that diminished some after his final trip to Islay. I'd known of the nature of his affliction and hoped he would rebound. I let him know he was in my thoughts. This forum will be poorer for his departure. RIP my friend.

I can only echo all the comments, I did not know Lee as a person, but certainly admired him as Troubador, his adventures on the islands with Mrs Troubador a feature of the forum for many a year, his optical knowledge and moderating also clearly to be missed too.

It goes without saying that the abundance of messages on this thread is a testament to the fondness that was felt towards him by numerous folk from the many branches of Birdforum. One of the good guys, a sad loss.

I only “knew” Lee from here, he was a stand up man on the forum. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

This is sad news, and I also miss him. He was a great writer and will be missed.
I can just imagine seeing him crawling on the rocks, getting a look at the otters and sea birds........
He seemed to have a rebound a few months ago, and did post a new thread on Aug. 23rd, well done.
You can find that thread at the bottom of the page. Go back and read it.
Rest in peace, Lee.
Jerry

Very sad. Our prays and condolences go out to the family and friends. Him I had quite a few PM conversations, he was such a nice guy. He was also my grammar tutor and would help straighten out some of my cringe worthy verbiage gobbledygook. :cry:

He will be missed. Rest in peace Lee.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back