• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica Quality Control (1 Viewer)

Thanks for the tips. It sounds a bit drastic to use any sort of abrasive on my beloved Ultravids (must admit it had already crossed my mind). I might try zuiko's suggestion using a very weak solution of sodium bicarb. on a small area.

I am also thinking of contacting Leica directly to see what they say.

It seems to me that the armouring is made from some "old fashioned" type of rubber rather than a modern synthetic-based product. I wonder if the material will decay (perish) with age?

Colin Key said:
It seems to me that the armouring is made from some "old fashioned" type of rubber rather than a modern synthetic-based product. I wonder if the material will decay (perish) with age?

Leica will replace that for you under warranty.

Otto McDiesel said:
Leica will replace that for you under warranty.

I have an early (1994) 7 x 42 Trinovid BA with green armor which had become slick and, in places, developed a white dusty bloom. Leica Service advised that these conditions were not covered under the lifetime warranty, and recommended the judicious use of Armor All, which actually worked, although it does not to be re-applied from time to time.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back