• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

NL Pure 'problems'. (2 Viewers)

NZbinodude post 1,
In my addition to my post 30 I have another question: what did you decide to use a stream of tap water over the NL? I ask it, since if you had a contamination with sand particles you will increase problems if they are trapped in a narrow space as there are some in the focussing mechanism of the NL.
Gijs van Ginkel
Swarovski is adding a brush and soap. I assume to use water to clean it. Mr van Ginkel has never an issue with Swarovski. He probably does not use them.

BertL,, post 181,
I use Swarovski's a lot, almost every day, so your hypothesis is wrong. And if you do not know it is nicer to ask first instead of a strong opinion. For your information, I have never used the brush and soap provided by Swarovski. I use an instrument frequently used by photographers: a blower with soft brush attached and I clean it further with a clean cloth, never with the cleaning instruments provided by Swarovski. When walking in the mountains in Switserland for example I have also used the clean water tubs in the villages to put the binocular under water remove the excess water and dry it with a clean cloth, that is generally sufficient, And I do that also at home, submerse them in a bucket filled with water (hardly ever under a running tap, since I do not like that). Up to now I had never problems. But I use the same approach for other brand binoculars provided they are waterproof.
Gijs van Ginkel

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back