• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

RSPB pin badges (2 Viewers)

Has there been a book produced on all the badges that have been issued.There are a number of badges on ebay advertised as "rare".
It would be nice to see some documentation to justify which badges are rare and why.

i've only got a couple so far, my best is a Golden Oriole. I'm getting a new one every time I go to a reserve.

Has there been a book produced on all the badges that have been issued.There are a number of badges on ebay advertised as "rare".
It would be nice to see some documentation to justify which badges are rare and why.

I'd urge against buying RSPB pin badges in eBay, most sellers just pocket the money. Much more fun and far more beneficial to have a good rummage through whenever you come across a collection box.
I have a special edition metallic Hen Harrier badge from the volunteering I do. If anybody sees me wearing it around and wants it, put £5 in the box and its yours.

I agree wholeheartedly but there are some that you won't get in the pin badge boxes anymore and the only way to get them is track them down from private sellers.

The trick is telling the rare from the common. I'd say either contact the collectors group linked at the top of this thread or post a question on here. One of us will probably have an idea.

does anyone have a bee-eater or wigeon on a "british wildlife" card they would be prepared to sell.

thanks,
steve.

Does anyone know if you can still get the slavonian grebe badge as I just recently went up to scotland and couldnt find one there.

Thanks

I'd urge against buying RSPB pin badges in eBay, most sellers just pocket the money. Much more fun and far more beneficial to have a good rummage through whenever you come across a collection box.
I have a special edition metallic Hen Harrier badge from the volunteering I do. If anybody sees me wearing it around and wants it, put £5 in the box and its yours.

Although this is true for some the collectors club themselves sell lots of badges on e-bay and the money goes to RSPB so just look out for their posts.

The tourist information centre in my local library had a box of these pins.

Anybody have a spare Scottish wildcat pin they want to trade?

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back