• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Secret Bird II (5 Viewers)

Sorry guys but once again you are all incorrect. Here is your next clue...

(3) This "secret bird" has a rusty brown rump and flanks

Ooh! Perfect! A stumper! ;) Sorry guys you are all wrong...here is your next clue.

(4) This "secret bird" picks invertebrates from the mud and surface of the water. It has also been observed dunking its head underwater in an attempt to capture aquatic invertebrates. This is a behavior not shared by other members of its genus.

wrong and now it is time for your next clue!

(5) This "secret bird" lays a clutch of 2-6 bluish green eggs that are covered in splotches and spots

wrong and now it is time for your next clue!

(5) This "secret bird" lays a clutch of 2-6 bluish green eggs that are covered in splotches and spots

I don't know about the last, but the only bird that fits the oral description of the plumage even somewhat is Sora.

I didn't see that Neil had guessed Stilt Sandpiper at the top of the page. See, we think alike, I'm just a couple days behind him... ;)

sorry SP that is wrong and sorry about not posting a new clue...so here it is!

(6) This "secret bird" constructs a bulky open nest of dry grasses, sedges, plant stalks, and leaves, lined with fine grass, plant fibers, and occasionally hair; placed in dense cattails, grass, shrubs, or sometimes on the ground.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back