• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Smaller case for 8x20 Ultravids (1 Viewer)

Super Dave

Hi,

I sold my nice older Trinovids and upgraded to the Ultravids.

The new nylon case that ships with the Ultravids is way too big...especially compared to the older soft leather case.

What case do you folks suggest that is pocket friendly?

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• IMG_3592.JPG
    IMG_3592.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 346
Hi,

I sold my nice older Trinovids and upgraded to the Ultravids.

The new nylon case that ships with the Ultravids is way too big...especially compared to the older soft leather case.

What case do you folks suggest that is pocket friendly?

Thanks,
Dave

Dave:

I wonder if the older Trinovid case works for the UV. Maybe someone knows.
That case is very nice.

Jerry

Dave, I sent you an email. I use the same SKU number for both the Trinovid and Ultravid. I will try to find an old box and check the number.

Edit: Found a box. I use these for 8x20's of several brands.

Attachments

• Dave1.JPG
    Dave1.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 436
  • Dave2.JPG
    Dave2.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_1678.JPG
    IMG_1678.JPG
    138.3 KB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Thanks guys. Those were great leather cases. Too bad they stopped supplying them with the 8x20's. I will call Lecia and track one down.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave, I sent you an email. I use the same SKU number for both the Trinovid and Ultravid. I will try to find an old box and check the number.

Ron:

Good of you to post some pics. Is your Ultravid a 10x25? It seems larger
and has a bigger case than the Trinovid.

Jerry

There's a variety of small camera cases at places like Walmart that are just right for 8x20s

Good point, but those are not crafted out of that fine Leica leather, and
don't have the bright red logo.

I am thinking those Leica compact cases are the last of the real leather binocular cases by any maker.
I should add that Nikon has recently made the cases for the compact Premiers from leather also, so
that is good to see the quality in all of these.

And I don't think they are made in China.

Jerry

Last edited:
Cordura

If you want to try a Cordura, I know MAXPEDITION if making making many small tough cordura case that may fits your need. I just bought one for my 10X25.
Lapprentis

Thanks guys. I'm going to stick with the Lecia soft leather case. It's perfect in every way for my needs. Besides being a quality leather case it does not add any additional bulk...so the whole package is pocketable.

Lecia is currently out but will get a new supply in a few weeks.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Dave

I bought the Leica leather case online somewhere when I had my Trinovids, and kept it when I sold them and bought the Ultravids. Fits great.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back