• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

So Hows your 2006 Yearlist Going then ? (1 Viewer)

jada dulo said:
What a visit to the patch at lunchtime today, 2 year ticks incl. a patch life tick...

213 - Black Tern (10 of them, only just got them!!)
214 - Mediterranean Gull (brilliant patch lifer!!).

PSW birding enterprises aim to please Jase.
Roll on our trip to Mull next year!

Nightjar61 said:
Spent the morning birding and picked up three new birds for the year, including an Indiana state lifer. My Year List is now up to 492.

490. Philadelphia Vireo
491. Swainson's Thrush
492. Blackburnian Warbler

I've been in Indiana for three years now, and I can't believe it took that long to get Swainson's Thrush on my Indiana List (number 258).

Dave
Yeah, I have seen about 4 this year. Good going on the warbler. I'm not finding any I did not see in th spring. My year list is stuck, still not broke 200.

Got a bit lucky at Sapsucker Woods yesterday and mopped up a few of the warblers I missed in the spring/all summer.

291. Tennessee Warbler
292. Mourning Warbler
293. Bay-breasted Warbler

This morning I added three new birds to my Year List, including an Indiana state lifer. My Year List is now up to 495.

493. Black-throated Green Warbler
494. Least Flycatcher
495. Black-and-white Warbler

The Least Flycatcher (number 259 for Indiana) was the second new state bird seen in a week.

In addition to the birds listed above, I added Black-crowned Night-Heron, Osprey, and Nashville Warbler to my Indiana Year List (now up to 205).

Dave

Last edited:
A Little Stint yesterday, and 9 Knot today (bit overdue) take the local list up to 182, only 4 short of last year's total. Looking good...........

After a spur of the moment decision late on Friday night hit Norfolk at just the right time this weekend, and had one of those weekends where everything went in my favour.... for a change.

272:Red-Breasted Flycatcher got good views of the Burnham Overy bird(s)
273:Buff-Breasted Sandpiper the Donna Nook bird, showed down to about 15m!
274: Lapland Bunting
275: Wryneck at Warham, down to c.6ft.
276: Red Backed Shrike(s), one at Cley and one at Warham Greens.

Also with a supporting cast of YBWarb, GGShrike, 8 Little Stint, 3 Curlew Sands, Pied Flys, Redstarts, Whinchats, the usual Norfolk stuff and flight views of a probable Pec at Donna, another guy who saw it for longer seemed confident of the ID.

Pics to come later....

Yesterday I birded Squaw Creek National Wildlife Refuge, Mound City, Missouri, USA.

Among the Black and Forster's Terns; the Franklin's and Ring-billed Gulls, I spotted a new year bird for Missouri.

255. Laughing Gull

One more early morning today....

215 - Wryneck.

Planning a jaunt to Angelsey now for a rather rare Wheatear!!!... My holidays hours are disappearing fast!!!

Have had a decent couple of days; was at Spurn last Sunday and added:

295: Great Skua
296: Sooty Shearwater

Then was at Slimbridge this morning seeing some even better species! :

297: BUFF BREASTED SANDPIPER (L) - There were 2 so even better!
298: Semi-palmated Sandpiper

Plus with also 4 (!) Pectoral Sands about as well, it felt like we were in the States!!!

165) Wryneck (only flight views unfortunately, couldn't stay any longer to wait for it to show well...). Still, it was a lifer, if a little bit disappointing

Jada Dulo, don't suppose you saw a thirteen year old with ginger hair by any chance?

Sam

The Barn Owl said:
165) Wryneck (only flight views unfortunately, couldn't stay any longer to wait for it to show well...). Still, it was a lifer, if a little bit disappointing

Jada Dulo, don't suppose you saw a thirteen year old with ginger hair by any chance?

Sam

Dont remember Sam? I was there at 07:00hrs and left around 08:30am, we had it about 20ft away, got great views but proved very elusive after 08:00hrs....That's why we left!!
But then at 14:30hrs I was off again to Anglesey for....

216 - ISABELLINE WHEATEAR!!!!

WOW! What a great bird, excellent views again!! Tired now, but well chuffed!!

A couple of days in Falsterbo, Sweden brought the following:

610 Barnacle Goose
611 Brent Goose
612 Common Redstart
613 Pied Flycatcher
614 Rough-legged Buzzard
615 Brambling
616 Eider
617 Red-breasted Merganser

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back