• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Springwatch 2023 (1 Viewer)

They've definitely cut Autumnwatch, but there's no indication yet that Springwatch is to be cut. Although perhaps it could do with a refresh.

I would cut out things like live views of nests (they can keep these on their website if people like this kind of thing) and get them to spend more time on individual films and also discussing science and conservation issues. It might make it more political than it is, but maybe it needs more time to look at serious issues, especially off the back of Wild Isles.

They've definitely cut Autumnwatch, but there's no indication yet that Springwatch is to be cut. Although perhaps it could do with a refresh.

I would cut out things like live views of nests (they can keep these on their website if people like this kind of thing) and get them to spend more time on individual films and also discussing science and conservation issues. It might make it more political than it is, but maybe it needs more time to look at serious issues, especially off the back of Wild Isles.
I would rather them stop saying this is live all live cameras are live . Sometimes when they are talking you’ll might here a bird call eg Cuckoo wish they would say oh there’s a Cuckoo calling.

They do sometimes mention birds that are calling, although sometimes during the next segment. But I'm sure there'll be a director standing in front of them keeping them on schedule, so there's probably not too much leeway to divert away from their scripts or talking points.

Their social media team engages with this though - you see on Twitter when people mention birds and their tweet will often retweet and like the mentions. Sometimes these mentions get picked up later in the show or even the next day.

Thanks Euan. I'll likely have to record most of it as I'll be away, though I know my brother watches it, so could see that.

So is it Monday to Thursday do you know?

I recorded it and watched it last night it was too nice to be indoors and was sitting outside i enjoyed it Glad it’s back.

I've been thinking about those nests that have been predated by the jay.

Do you think the jay has seen the camera pointing at the nest & gone to investigate ?

I've been thinking about those nests that have been predated by the jay.

Do you think the jay has seen the camera pointing at the nest & gone to investigate ?
No, they will have been observing the parent birds going back and forth and listening to the sound of begging youngsters. No need to involve human agency in the outcome of normal Jay behaviour.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back