• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski el 8.5x42 fp bag suggestions? (1 Viewer)

matt green

Norfolkman gone walkabout
Looking for a travel bag for the above, I believe the size I need is a large but seemingly these have all sold out everywhere or been discontinued altogether?

Anyone know of a suitable alternative from other brands, the bag for the Zeiss sf looks quite sturdy maybe even superior to the Swarovski..anything has to be better than the draw string marble bag that comes with the current version of the el field pro!!

Matt

Looking for a travel bag for the above, I believe the size I need is a large but seemingly these have all sold out everywhere or been discontinued altogether?

Anyone know of a suitable alternative from other brands, the bag for the Zeiss sf looks quite sturdy maybe even superior to the Swarovski..anything has to be better than the draw string marble bag that comes with the current version of the el field pro!!

Matt
Matt

I am not sure of the size of your bino's but my NL Pure 10x42's with the forehead rest fitted live in a Billingham Hadley Digital. There is room in the front pocket for the SW cleaning kit that came with them. It is totally waterproof and well cushioned against shocks and the strap fits in too.

If you are on EBay, there is a 20% off promotion at the moment with selected sellers, one of which is Camera Centre UK. The Hadley Digital is £159 and with the discount, £127.20.

It is a cracking bag, not cheap but mine is over ten years old and still looks new.

My wife has the Galbin 10 Binocular Bag for her Canon IS bino's but I think that it may be too small for yours.

Matt

I am not sure of the size of your bino's but my NL Pure 10x42's with the forehead rest fitted live in a Billingham Hadley Digital. There is room in the front pocket for the SW cleaning kit that came with them. It is totally waterproof and well cushioned against shocks and the strap fits in too.

If you are on EBay, there is a 20% off promotion at the moment with selected sellers, one of which is Camera Centre UK. The Hadley Digital is £159 and with the discount, £127.20.

It is a cracking bag, not cheap but mine is over ten years old and still looks new.

My wife has the Galbin 10 Binocular Bag for her Canon IS bino's but I think that it may be too small for yours.
Thanks Pat

The Billingham is undoubtedly a nice option, had something similar a year or two back for the Leica noctovid but just a bit more than I was looking to spend, I suspect swarovski have discontinued the fieldpro bag and expects folks to stump up the premium for the functional side bag that comes with the NL pure..I’m not playing that game!

By choice I’d choose a Leica or ziess alpha but the Above are a recent used bargain,

Matt

Thanks Pat

The Billingham is undoubtedly a nice option, had something similar a year or two back for the Leica noctovid but just a bit more than I was looking to spend, I suspect swarovski have discontinued the fieldpro bag and expects folks to stump up the premium for the functional side bag that comes with the NL pure..I’m not playing that game!

By choice I’d choose a Leica or ziess alpha but the Above are a recent used bargain,

Matt
These are my goto for all my binoculars that will fit, that’s most all 42/44mm and smaller. These are the ones that come with some Zeiss binos , or used to I believe. They’re padded, have a strong adjustable clip for longer binoculars. I have about ten of these. I usually leave the factory bag in their boxes.

Paul

Attachments

• 812E6DBD-FF56-48DA-A1F7-A140C8EF5EF6.png
    812E6DBD-FF56-48DA-A1F7-A140C8EF5EF6.png
    755.5 KB · Views: 24
Thanks Pat

Matt
The Billingham is beautiful but crazy price for something I’m throwing in the trunk or on the floor of the car when moving around, or even walking around and sitting down with them touching the ground. Way to pretty to get dirty 😝

The SW cases leave a lot to be desired Matt!

The bag that comes with the Pure is a bit meh and you cannot fit the binos and the headrest and the strap in hence the Hadley. I had the Zeiss one that Paul mentions above many moons ago but they are like rocking horse droppings and very difficult to find.

The SW cases leave a lot to be desired Matt!

The bag that comes with the Pure is a bit meh and you cannot fit the binos and the headrest and the strap in hence the Hadley. I had the Zeiss one that Paul mentions above many moons ago but they are like rocking horse droppings and very difficult to find.
Rocking horse droppings?

They seem to always be available here on Amazon.

Paul

Why is it better? For my NL 10x32 I bought the field pro case instead, because it has more space and I prefer to put them in the case with the lenses down instead of laying them sidewise.

I have both and it’s a lot easier to rip the zipper pull on the FSB one handed and pull them out. Not sure what you’re trying to stuff in there but my NL 12’s and EL 8.5’s fit in them with a lot of room to spare so I can carry a lens brush, cloth, and I could probably put a 12oz soda can it it too if I wanted. Maybe the 32mm FSB is smaller?

I like leather, especially vintage leather (better to mention...not thinking of black, modern leather clothes :cool:
)
Allready thought of a handmade leather case ? I know working with leather is a hobby of people, maybe have look through different forums ?

The Dorr Kapstadt also can be helpfull I think.
Available in different sizes and colors.

Last edited:
In terms of the different types of padded carry bags that Swarovski has offered for the main roof prism lines,
the three most recent versions are shown in post #20 at: My Swarovski EL 8.5x42 Review
They were/ are available in various sizes.

In contrast, the storage bag that currently comes with the EL models is shown in post #13.

John

p.s. A snapshot of the images (along with the start of the text) from post #20; and also other bags shown in post #22:

Swaro Bags.jpg

The snapshots were obtained at the time of posting, by then selecting the 'Latest Activity' option in my user profile.
However, the images are in reverse order to that shown in the actual posts.

- - - -
And three bags for the CL x30 line (giving an idea of their different sizes) can be seen in post #6 at: Swarovski Northern Lights Bag Dimensions?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back