• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski EL vs Zeiss Victory SF (3 Viewers)

Just wanted to echo @tenex's comment that the FoV for the 32 mm ELs, though not quite as insanely gigantic as their equivalents in the SF and NL, is still among the widest available; I've personally never felt constrained by it.

Anyway, I was wondering about your experience with the 8x32s a few months on; are you still happy with them? :)
Not so sure, thinking I need that bit more magnification. I used an opticron 10x42 previously and much prefer the bigger image. I'm also a little concerned about the armour issue. I think I might have to give the Zeiss SF10x32 another look.

Ah, understandable. For what it’s worth, my 10x32 ELs from 2017 look like they're fresh out of the box; zero issues with the armour.

Anyway, one of the nice things about quality binoculars is that they tend to hold their value rather well, so you're unlikely to lose much money when buying and selling on the secondary market. Or at least that's how I rationalise most of my toys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back