• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

test pic post (1 Viewer)

saw43dust

I'm just trying to see if I have this figured out. Thanks for your patiences

http://www.birdforum.net/pp_gallery/data/525/4739dec_11_024a-med.jpg

saw

saw43dust said:
I'm just trying to see if I have this figured out. Thanks for your patiences

http://www.birdforum.net/pp_gallery/data/525/4739dec_11_024a-med.jpg

saw[/QUOTE]

I managed to look at this by copying and pasting the above, having removed [IMG]

Ive been having problems posting pics with posts, when I click on manage attachments nothing happens ,all i get is a weird noise (like the one on pop up stopper!!) any ideas anyone!!

Hi Saw,

To add up to five photos to a thread so they are embedded as thumbnails which are clickable then use the 'manage attachments' button which enables you to simply browse your hard drive for the image that you want to add.

Sparrowbirder, the feature still works fine for me. Can you PM / email Greenfields or Steve as they should be able to sort out the problem for you, but may not pick up this thread.

Attachments

• Bittern DSCN0540.jpg
    Bittern DSCN0540.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Black Grouse DSCN4430c_filtered.jpg
    Black Grouse DSCN4430c_filtered.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 107
  • Osprey DSCN7298co.jpg
    Osprey DSCN7298co.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 21common_pasha_7o.jpg
    21common_pasha_7o.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Goldfinch April comp entry.JPG
    Goldfinch April comp entry.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
How things move on, I used to be an IT tech' and suddenly I have trouble sorting the profile photograph out. :h?:

Anyway, I am off to Lancashire tomorrow and having run out of carrier pigeons and no Internet access, I will be out of touch until the New Year so:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Last edited by a moderator:
OK let me try that and see what happens. Right now it's scary being as I see no indication that the thumbnails are out there, lol.

Here goes nothing, whala and see the pictures....

Attachments

• dec 8 001.jpg
    dec 8 001.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 101
  • dec 10 040.jpg
    dec 10 040.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 117
  • dec 11a 021.jpg
    dec 11a 021.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 126
Hi Ian (F),

What if you have a pic on a website that you want to post direct into a thread (e.g. a pic you have previously put on the BF gallery)?

Do you have to download it from the website to your own computer and then upload it back to the forum, or is there a way of linking it direct so that it apears as a pic in the thread, rather than a link?

Michael

Hi Michael,

No the only way of doing this would be to use a link from the Gallery image to the thread.

For the shot to be embedded you have to browse the photo from your computer. As the only shots that are permitted to be used on the site (for copyright reasons) are photos taken by yourself, you should already have a copy on your hard drive or saved to disc.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back