• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Birth of the Original Swarovski EL (2 Viewers)

I checked for it online, but it's only available to subscribers. It costs $39.99 to subscribe, and I can't afford it, because I'm working in one of those "lower paying private sector jobs." However, since I telecommute, the only one watching me is Big Brother (NSA).

Brock

Brock,

Isn't University Park the home of an institution of learning? There should be a magazine shop in town somewhere; perhaps even a Barnes & Noble where you can "borrow" one off the rack and skim through it while enjoying a Cafe Americano B :) like I did in the B&N in the Wyoming Valley Mall. (They sell Starbucks coffee there.) If you like the article you could even purchase the magazine and take it home with you. Like I did.

Just a suggestion. I also like their Chocolate Chunk cookies!:eat:

Bob

Last edited:
I don't recall seeing Harper's at any magazine venue in State College (University Park is the campus), though I think I have seen Harper's BAZAAR. Our stores do carry Cahiers du Cinema, the Economist, Foreign Affairs, The Atlantic Monthly, The New York Review of Books, The New Yorker, The American Scholar, Science, Mother Jones, New Scientist, Archaeology, and Architectural Digest. I've read them all, but I always come back to my two favorites - Car & Driver and MAD Magazine.

Alfred E. Neuman

Online promo code for Harper's: J1503S3. That'll get you a year (print and online) for $19.97.

Harper's: one of my all-time favorites. :t:

Good article, Bob. Thanks for pointing it out.

Mark

One thing is certain, Gerhard Swarovski’s decision to make a serious entry into the birding market was the beginning of the EL saga and without his determination and willingness to take risks the project would never have happened. Certainly the EL owed its success to many factors, especially the presence of a talented development team, without whom Swarovski’s vision, and Dobler’s inspiration, might not have been realized.

Troubador

Lee,

I appreciate the EL history lesson...Great read and very informative, especially for us "newbie's"!

Ted

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back