• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ultravids on sale (1 Viewer)

Lewie

I see that some places have really marked down the Ultravids, getting rid of the last of them. $1,549 sounds like a good price for the 10X42. My main concern is that I have a friend who has the 10X42 in Trinavid, Ultravid, and Ultravid HD. He loves the Trinavids, but does not the Ultravids. He used just the trinavids. After purchasing the HD, he said he definitely liked them more than the regular Ultravids, but not sure that he liked them more than the Trinavids.

What do you think of the Untravid 10X42?

Lew

I'm not fussed on 10x myself, due to restricted FOV and difficulty hand-holding, but the Ultravid 10x42 is a good binocular, as they all are.

I used to own an Ultravid 8x42. I have to say they never really gave me a WOW factor. I also found them unpleasant to hold due to my small hands.

If you like how they feel in the hand, like the optics, and can get a good price, I see no reason not to avail of a good deal on them. But check them in the shop first if you can, so you can maybe grab a specimen that has a better quality of focus knob action.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back