• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (149 Viewers)

Flashes water level 0.48.

Des.
Hi Des. I was just about to text you re water level. Can you check the flow through the pipe as well (it might have become blocked with vegetation) The level is the same as yesterday evening, thus flow is counteracted by the rain ? Tomorrow should be dry so evaporation should come into play. I have just noticed blackwits and little gulls are on the move.
B :)John

Hi Des. I was just about to text you re water level. Can you check the flow through the pipe as well (it might have become blocked with vegetation) The level is the same as yesterday evening, thus flow is counteracted by the rain ? Tomorrow should be dry so evaporation should come into play. I have just noticed blackwits and little gulls are on the move.

The water is flowing well John.

Des.

Now 3 2nd S Meds + a 1st S in addition to the adults.

Des.

Hi Des.

Has one of the 2nd Summer meds got a lot of white specks in its hood? - especially around the bill?

One of the 3 second summers I saw on Saturday was distinct in this respect.

For those with their eye on the Flashes water level. We have another Yellow Warning for Friday of rain. Areas as close as Staffs have an Amber warning!

"Amber Alert of Rain for West Midlands

Amber Alert of Rain for West Midlands : Staffordshire valid from 0005 Fri 06 Jul to 2355 Fri 06 Jul

Yellow Alert of Rain for West Midlands

Yellow Alert of Rain for West Midlands : Herefordshire, Shropshire, Stoke-on-Trent, Telford and Wrekin, West Midlands Conurbation, Worcestershire & Warwickshire valid from 0005 Fri 06 Jul to 2355 Fri 06 Jul."

For those with their eye on the Flashes water level. We have another Yellow Warning for Friday of rain. Areas as close as Staffs have an Amber warning!

"Amber Alert of Rain for West Midlands

Amber Alert of Rain for West Midlands : Staffordshire valid from 0005 Fri 06 Jul to 2355 Fri 06 Jul

Yellow Alert of Rain for West Midlands

Yellow Alert of Rain for West Midlands : Herefordshire, Shropshire, Stoke-on-Trent, Telford and Wrekin, West Midlands Conurbation, Worcestershire & Warwickshire valid from 0005 Fri 06 Jul to 2355 Fri 06 Jul."

Hi Sy now you are back from the 'binge' weekend, can you find out how much rain fell last Thursday (Flood-day), will be intriguing to know.

Yes, I'm eager to know as well John. I plan on calling in to extract data on my way home tomorrow night mate (notwithstanding the exigencies of my job of course)...

SJV

Pics from today

Couple of med Gull pics, note the 'hair do' on the single bird. Also 3 Green sands came in but naf pic of them together.

Attachments

• meds.jpg
    meds.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 86
  • med2.jpg
    med2.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 95
  • green sands.jpg
    green sands.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 81
Y
Hi Des.

Has one of the 2nd Summer meds got a lot of white specks in its hood? - especially around the bill?

One of the 3 second summers I saw on Saturday was distinct in this respect.

Yes Dave and to answer Johns question, there have been 9 birds today so far.

Des.

some from sunday

sedge warblers down near hen brook hide

Attachments

• DSC00001.jpg
    DSC00001.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00004.jpg
    DSC00004.jpg