• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (9 Viewers)

Chiffchaff still there today. I reckon it's decided that mealworms are its bestest tasting thing ever.

Attachments

• Chiffchaff%20Garden.jpg
    Chiffchaff%20Garden.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 66
Congrats on the Chiffchaffs.

At least one Goldcrest still here, seen this morning and this evening. Male Sparrowhawk has just missed a Woodpigeon and a Starling on a couple of hunts; I think its just a matter of time before he gets his reward. Also a pair of Bullfinches.

That's a Willow Warbler!...PP is = to tertials, and a very good shot too!

cheers

D'oh! That'll learn me to trust my ageing memory.

Actually, I was biased mainly by the fact that I expect Chiffchaffs to arrive before WWs - and I'm still waiting for my first Chiffchaff.

spotted two male blackcap in garden early evening, one chasing the other away then he returned to birdtable then onto feeder , maybe a sign not many insects on the move yet? it is getting warmer found a frog other night & slugs, and saw my first bee today aswell great, it just seems so long ago to see such things ,other birds seen were 2-goldfinch, 2-greenfinch,1-chaffinch, dunnock,robin , blackbird & 2-blue tits which i think are using nestbox but havnt seen go in for a while

blimey eb
is he still there?

no thank goodness. They have all cleared off. :t:

Some of our regulars are trickling back but we seem to have lost our 2x pairs of Siskin and other numbers are very low.

On the plus side I've seen lots of butterflies in the past few days including a Peacock drying his wings (they are nearly 4x weeks later emerging than last year)

20+ redpolls this morning with a mealy still here, by can they eat!!!!

I think I warned you! Congrats on the Mealy too:t:

3 weeks later than last year, a Blackcap has arrived on the peanut cake this evening. Pleased to say its a male too. I wonder if its the same bird that passed through last year?

had 4 blackcaps this morning 3male 1fem, not much feeding going on chasing each other around, when got back from work still 2 males in garden,plus 3-greenfinch, 2- goldfinch,1- chaffinch, 2-dunnock, 2-blackbird, robin,great tit & blue tit

just a few quick snaps from today at my feeding stations all taken from my living room.

1 - female blackcap the male as been a regular this was the first time I have seen the female
2 - Blue tit
3 - Long tailed tit
4 - Yellowhammer I have a pair that visit virtually everyday and upto 5 on somedays
5 - Blackbird who has been doing this for a few days now pecking at the fat logs or fat balls so as to sheed some onto the ground so he can collect it from thier

Attachments

• ZZZ419294 (1).JPG
    ZZZ419294 (1).JPG
    304.2 KB · Views: 48
  • ZZZ419294 (5).JPG
    ZZZ419294 (5).JPG
    289.3 KB · Views: 50
  • ZZZ419294 (6).JPG
    ZZZ419294 (6).JPG
    411.4 KB · Views: 47
  • ZZZ419294 (8).JPG
    ZZZ419294 (8).JPG
    425.8 KB · Views: 56
  • ZZZ419294 (12).JPG
    ZZZ419294 (12).JPG
    300 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
complete list of birds seen today in my garden -

Blackbird, blackcap, greenfinch, pheasant, blue tit, goldfinch, wood pigeon, great tit, house sparrow, dunnock, magpie, long tailed tit, bullfinch, yellowhammer, sparrowhawk, great spotted woodpecker, coal tit, robin, wren, carrion crow, collared dove & chaffinch

fly overs -

black headed gull, buzzard, lesser black backed gull, swallow, raven, & Mallard

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back