• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (4 Viewers)

I fear for the Blackbird nests as the magpies are causing commotion in and around the Blackbirds, and although I havent seen them take any eggs I am sure they have already.

same here . The magpies were clamouring daily in the neighbours tree last week and I suspect they have got the blackbird young.

Saddest thing is I have found our hedgehog dead at the back of the garden... I suspect a Cat has killed it

That is sad, We had the most enormous hog a couple of years ago but haven't seen him since. There just doesn't seem to be the same numbers around as 10 years ago. Once you used to regularly see a hedgehog killed on the roads but rarely if ever now.

How are your Robins ? have they fledged yet ? We can see some eyes stating back to us from a hole in the garden wall but no sign of anything going in or out yet but it must be Robin hopefully

Garden Species 2012
No. 51 Lesser Whithroat

a round about the same time as last year again heard only, this time in the hedge at the back, and typically with this species the hedge rustles, it calls and I couldnt see it.

Both Juvenile robins in the garden now, and also both parents feeding Coal tit young in next doors garden

2 Tufted Duck over and a juvenile Dunnock

Last edited:
Garden Species 2012
No. 51 Lesser Whithroat

a round about the same time as last year again heard only, this time in the hedge at the back, and typically with this species the hedge rustles, it calls and I couldnt see it.

Both Juvenile robins in the garden now, and also both parents feeding Coal tit young in next doors garden

2 Tufted Duck over and a juvenile Dunnock

great stuff :t:

Early morning birds include 1 male bullfinch,coal tit,2 great tits,1blue tit, house sparrows,2swallows over,2collard doves, and a single goldfinch

5 juvenile Starlings being fed peanut cake this morning, a juvenile Robin passed through and a female Greenfinch on the mixed seed.

We currently have young Robins, Chaffinch, Blue Tits and Wood pigeon around the garden. There also Blackbirds but not seen them yet.
There is and has been for a few weeks a Cuckoo just past the end of our Drive somewhere, it calls every morning and every evening. The Swallows are back in numbers, not nesting but feasting on all the flies in our garden. We have had a Jay visiting as well.

The Nuthatch and the Long Tailed Tits have disappeared for now at least.

Not 1 But Now 2 Turtle Doves !!!!

i looked out of the window and there they were,the two of them together :t:B :) just got some record pics as i was in a hurry,better ones hopefully later!!

Attachments

• 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 44
  • 068.jpg
    068.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 36
the resident Magpies - (I am sure there are only 2 adults in and around my garden) are causing mayhem. Both adult birds are currently eating Housesparrows, juveniles I guess. I am pretty sure they have decimated the Blackbirds clutch as I would normally have seen a fledged juvenile Blackbird or two by now.

Good news is the Coal Tit parents are still doing 100s of trips to the feeders and back to their young (which I have not seen yet).

a few pictures of the double act and a female bullfinch

Attachments

• 207.jpg
    207.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 43
  • 210.jpg
    210.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 214.jpg
    214.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 223.jpg