• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Very busy at the bird feeder today! (23 Viewers)

Hi, like to check in on here once in a while. Good to see this thread getting some more action although Iā€™m guilty of not participating as much as I used to. Been a good winter so far, had some regular Bramblings but not seen more than 2 at a time. Had lots of Greenfinches and Goldfinches, and in the last couple of weeks a Siskin who then mist have brought his friends along as we had 4 or 5 this week. Also an attack from a Sparrowhawk which I caught on my cameras. Will post it but donā€™t want to upset anyone as he does catch a Greenfinch, but itā€™s pretty quick and the quality when uploaded may not show this. Anyway hereā€™s some Siskins from this week.

Iā€™ve never been able to image both Nuthatchā€™s together at ā€œthe dinerā€ before, until this am, has anybody else enjoyed this spectacle?
As normal modus operandi isā€¦.one zaps off before the other lands, assumed that territory rights were sacrosanct, or might they be a pair?

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0126.jpeg
    IMG_0126.jpeg
    474.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0125.jpeg
    IMG_0125.jpeg
    728.3 KB · Views: 8
Iā€™ve never been able to image both Nuthatchā€™s together at ā€œthe dinerā€ before, until this am, has anybody else enjoyed this spectacle?
As normal modus operandi isā€¦.one zaps off before the other lands, assumed that territory rights were sacrosanct, or might they be a pair?

Cheers
Two quite regular here Ken. Three and arguments begin. 4 and itā€™s like Nuthatch Armageddon šŸ˜‚

Really quiet here all week. Robins, coal tit and a few chaffinches making daily appearances, occasional visits from bullfinch and goldfinch thrown into the mix.

Early yesterday am, this (1st image) bird flew in stealth mode and secreted itself accordingly in the grdn.Ash, only to fly out after 15 minutes. Then (presumed the same bird), returned some 20 mins later and landed even closer still, almost holding moi in contemptā€¦and it sat there for some 45 mins!
Nowt queer as Sprawks! šŸ‘

Attachments

• DSC08109.jpeg   Sprawk in Ash 5..jpeg
    DSC08109.jpeg Sprawk in Ash 5..jpeg
    531.7 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC08234.jpeg   Ash Sprawk1..jpeg
    DSC08234.jpeg Ash Sprawk1..jpeg
    635.7 KB · Views: 11
Early yesterday am, this (1st image) bird flew in stealth mode and secreted itself accordingly in the grdn.Ash, only to fly out after 15 minutes. Then (presumed the same bird), returned some 20 mins later and landed even closer still, almost holding moi in contemptā€¦and it sat there for some 45 mins!
Nowt queer as Sprawks! šŸ‘
How about shipping me over some of those lichen covered branches for my setup perches?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back