• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What bird have you seen in the most countries? (1 Viewer)

don't really understand that - I've seen house sparrow and starling in a lot of countries I've visited (not many!) and they're just as feral as the swallows and turnstones I've seen there.

In large parts of the world House Sparrow and Common Starlings are introduced which is what I meant by "feral".

David

In large parts of the world House Sparrow and Common Starlings are introduced which is what I meant by "feral".

David

but they aren't feral in any of the countries I've been to - I've never been out of Europe, so it would be ok to count them for me. Only 8 countries anyway.

Is it still there Ed?? ;)

There's more now than there was before with new lava and ash all over the place. Volcano's stopped erupting as well. For the time being.

Great White Egret and Barn Swallow spring to mind but I didn't see Barn Swallow in Australia. The local birder I was with gave me a choice of trying for either Barn Swallow or Papuan Frogmouth in the limited time we had. Wasn't the hardest choice I've had to make.

White wagetails seen them here in Saudi Arabia, Cyprus, Lebanon, Egypt and England.

That's a good one. I've had them in China, Taiwan, Korea, Malaysia, Romania, Spain, and Scotland.

Another good one is Ruddy Turnstone: USA, Singapore, China, Romania, Panama, Ecuador, Cayman Is.

Some others I've had in a few countries: Eurasian tree sparrow, Eurasian magpie, several of the western hemisphere doves (common ground, ruddy ground, white-winged), tropical kingbird, and rufous-collared sparrow (which a recent tour guide called "the trash bird of the Andes").

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back