• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birder (3 Viewers)

Hi guys, will add the yearlist stuff once we've got enough people participating, but thanks for your totals anyway. A good start to the year for me, with 82 species including highlights such as Temminck's Stint, Ring-necked Duck and 2 Great White Egrets (all in Somerset), and Smew + Short-eared Owl. For more on my recent highlights, see my blog in the coming few days.

Below is a link to a review of the year done by the 2CY Young Birders (including myself, birding maniac and others) which we have done in an 'olympic format'. For more see the blog.

http://northeastyoungbirders.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/2cy-birders-olympic-medal-ceremony-2012.html

Cheers,

Joseph

British year list only 43 now, but was in Morocco for most of the month so far. Latest addition was waxwing- in my garden! A completely unexpected surprise!

My new yearlist is at 32, with Tundra Swan (also a lifer) and American Robin being some of the newest. I hope to go on a good birding trip soon and get my yearlist number up higher.

Last edited:
My year-list is at 69.
A good number for 15 days at Helgoland in January!

In a few days I leave the island for 10 days and I hope that my year-list increased rapidly.

I hope that the eleventh german Ring-billed Gull stay until the 27th! Would be a nice Lifer

Up to 73 now, a pair of wintering sandwich terns were a nice surprise today. Also pink-footed goose and whooper swan, which are rare birds in Dorset.

My year list is up to 89 now, highlights today were 3 ruff and a knot a long way inland at Harbridge in Hampshire (sadly missed the bean geese though!) and a great grey shrike at Wyke Down in Dorset. Also a barn owl this morning.

97 now with Great Northern Diver.

Today I had a nice day...111 Red-throated Diver fly north in 1h, 1 Black-throated Diver and the Great Northern Diver...nice selection on a rainy grey day

On 92 now. Went birding this past weekend with an Australian and some friends - fun experience.

A teenage Australian? I'd be interested in contact details if he is :t:

I'm also now on 92 for Australia in 2013, 252 worldwide, plus another 6 heard. I have a 4 week trip to Northern Aus planned as a Year 12 celebration in December, and will probably get my year list up very high :-O Aiming for 600! ;)

Now up to 99 this year- going a bit slowly! I added the pied billed grebe at Ham Wall, Somerset today- what an incredible bird. The other additions were pochard, shoveler, little grebe, marsh harrier and avocet (weirdly a bird swimming right out in open water a long way inland!)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back