• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss FL 10x32 question! (1 Viewer)

master5

Hello! Tell me, please, I have a Zeiss FL 10x32, manufactured in 2012... There are stains in the right channel in the form of frozen condensate, possibly due to a fall... Does it make sense to send it to Germany for repair and the cost of repair is high?

Attachments

• P1120484.JPG
    P1120484.JPG
    715.9 KB · Views: 84
  • P1120486.JPG
    P1120486.JPG
    735.7 KB · Views: 83
  • P1120501.JPG
    P1120501.JPG
    793.1 KB · Views: 81
  • P1120487.JPG
    P1120487.JPG
    788 KB · Views: 85
First I would give your FL a week or so to recover to room temperature and see if the condensate leaves a deposit.
If it does do this and it interferes with the view I would contact Zeiss Wetzlar Customer Service at service.sportsoptics @ZEISS .com and send a photo to ask them your question. My feeling is that they will service the binoculars free of charge but I cannot speak for Zeiss.

Good luck.

Lee

Last edited:
The waterproofing system has allowed moisture to enter. Send them in ASAP. You might be very close to the end of the warranty period.

Last edited:
He came to me like this! Most likely there was a blow in this area and the polycarbonate case could not stand it!

Attachments

• P1120481.JPG
    P1120481.JPG
    570.5 KB · Views: 57
Hello! Tell me, please, I have a Zeiss FL 10x32, manufactured in 2012... There are stains in the right channel in the form of frozen condensate, possibly due to a fall... Does it make sense to send it to Germany for repair and the cost of repair is high?
Any new developments concerning your Zeiss FL 10x32 master5?

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back