• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New SF 8x32 delivered today but... (1 Viewer)

If you want a warranteed 8x32SF you’re not gonna find it, anything else over a year out and youwill find someone with a somewhat used sample or a demo to sell.

Edmund

My experience with Zeiss in the US is that their repair / servicing customer service has been very good. I just got my grey 10x42 SFs back that I'd sent in because of debris in the barrels. They hadn't just cleaned them - they'd also replaced the oculars and upgraded to the new eyecups.

The downside is that of 3 alpha Zeiss models I've owned, I've had to send two of the them in for that same problem. They were both mid-2010s examples, and I hope they've now sorted out the issue, because debris in the barrels is really not acceptable in any high-end binocular. I haven't noticed any issue so far with my most recent Zeiss - a 10x32 SF.

My experience with Zeiss in the US is that their repair / servicing customer service has been very good. I just got my grey 10x42 SFs back that I'd sent in because of debris in the barrels. They hadn't just cleaned them - they'd also replaced the oculars and upgraded to the new eyecups.

The downside is that of 3 alpha Zeiss models I've owned, I've had to send two of the them in for that same problem. They were both mid-2010s examples, and I hope they've now sorted out the issue, because debris in the barrels is really not acceptable in any high-end binocular. I haven't noticed any issue so far with my most recent Zeiss - a 10x32 SF.
I don’t think debris the barrel of a diamondback is acceptable. When you say Zeiss upgraded to the new eyecups , does that mean you had the first release of the SF and they were different than the current SF?

Merry Christmas
Paul

I don’t think debris the barrel of a diamondback is acceptable. When you say Zeiss upgraded to the new eyecups , does that mean you had the first release of the SF and they were different than the current SF?

Merry Christmas
Paul
Correct on both counts. Not that the eyecups were different to look at, but the action and click-stops were a bit different (not that I had a problem with the olds ones, personally). I don’t know why the oculars were replaced - if there was a specific problem with them or that was also part of the upgrade to the new version.

Merry Christmas.

If you try hard enough, you will be able to find something wrong with everything you buy.
If you try hard enough you will always be able to pick at other members in threads that have no interest to you. Seems you think that he's simply being a complainer rather than having an issue that you most likely wouldn't have liked either, particularly at that price point.
This seems to be a pattern for you, although some of your posts are completely the opposite and helpful.
Read before you post and ask if it helps or if it's simply antagonistic, like this last one.

If you try hard enough you will always be able to pick at other members in threads that have no interest to you. Seems you think that he's simply being a complainer rather than having an issue that you most likely wouldn't have liked either, particularly at that price point.
This seems to be a pattern for you, although some of your posts are completely the opposite and helpful.
Read before you post and ask if it helps or if it's simply antagonistic, like this last one.
:confused:

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back