• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski 8x32EL - Calling all owners! (3 Viewers)

5 AM is way too early to meet you at the old oak tree, ...

Howdy Bobby!
Was guessing you'd give excuses for not showing up. Will give Wyatt and the Boys a good laugh. And the Mayor, too! I suppose kids have to get a good night's sleep so they won't be drowsy and blink when they start to play with their high def. toys in the bright shining light of the new morning.
While the old cow-hand is orbiting the old oak in the heat of the sizzling sun, waiting in vain.

.. especially after staying up all night to read your SLCneu Novella.
Bobby the Kid

I'll trim it and make a Poe-etic short story out of it. Or would you prefer a comic strip? "Bobby and his Leica off the leash" (working title)

(too bad, and with some irony, as I have always been a fan of traditional and classic design).
Bobby the Kid

So you ought to like the Habichts as well (if only for looks)?!
And that's why I am going to send of my old Pentax SLR for repair once more tomorrow (along with three broken sisters as donors of necessary parts).

Full of classic class,
Victor/Victoria

Last edited:
Hey V/V, not man enough for cocktails, eh?

And not so loud ... I'm still working on my first cup of coffee - it's scarcely 10AM here! What do you think I am, a farmer? As for Wyatt Burp, et. al., -- they're not up early so much as still up from the night before. The mayor, however, is a force to be reckoned with - especially on drag night at the Savoy (wink wink, V/V).

And yeah, I do like the Habichts - if only for looks. Almost got a pair, but the constant spitting required when pronouncing their name (coupled with the unsightly facial expressions) is not how I choose to roll..

Sorry about your sisters, poor dears. I had no idea that bio-engineering had progressed so far. Make certain they don't read your post, however, or you'll soon be walking the familial planck.

Robertus Maximus,
Counsel to Ceasar Saladus

Is the chromatic aberation in the Swarovski EL 8x32 more or less than that seen in the Leica Trinovid 8x32BA?

Is the chromatic aberation in the Swarovski EL 8x32 more or less than that seen in the Leica Trinovid 8x32BA?

It's approximately the same, maybe less in the EL overall. Lateral CA at the edge of the field may be more than in the BA but then the FOV is wider too. I compared the EL and preHD Ultravid and found the on-axis and lateral CA very similar. The Zeiss FL has noticeably less CA than the BA, preHD Ultravid and EL.

--AP

A mention of an "EL-FL" was made several posts back. Forgive me if this has been covered already, but are there rumblings of some tuned-up glass in the EL line?

If Swaro could just sharpen the image ever so slightly, my credit card would see an immediate charge for a pair of 8x32 ELs and my Leica and Zeiss glasses would go to EBay!:t:

Thanks,

Marley

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back