• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

10 x 42 EL - Im on board (1 Viewer)

captain vallo

Well, I have deliberated for some time about re-investing in some top quality bins and the choice was easy in the end!.

All the top stuff (and some of the mid range equipment) are fabulous really and have the most wonderful optics one can imagine ... so it really boiled down to ergonomics.... and for me there is no contest.

I love these bins .. and boy you have to when you spend that much money.

and I love the service here in the UK

I have owned Leica 8x42 trinovids (BA and BN's) but got rid when I got fed up of the weight and I compared them to RSPB HG which easily outperformed the leicas optically ..

I actually ended up with a pair of Kite Forsters copy of the RSPB FG and Helios AM-6 ... both of which have to be the best value bins on the market ...

I will update this once I have used them in the field a bit more .. but for now I will wave by to you all whilst looking through the bins at the same time ... something only us EL owners can do comfortably. ;-)

Now I really look the part along with my Swarovski 65mm Scope ... if only I knew what I was looking at. ;-(

Last edited:
Congrats on your new acquisition, Captain Vallo. I think you´ve chosen well. I´ve had the 10x42 for a few years, love ´em to bits. Then got the 8x32, love them to bits too. Thought I´d sell the 10x when the 8x became my "general purpose" bins, but can´t bring myself to do it, because there are still occasions when the 10x is superior, like when you´re not doing a lot of walking and the extra weight around your neck isn´t an issue. It´s also hard, as Tero said on another thread, to completely change to 8x from 10x when you´re used to 10x over a long period. And the ergonomics of EL suit me fine, better than anything else I´ve owned. The after sales service of Swaro is second to none, rest assured that they´ll look after you, see the thread on this topic. And no, I don´t work for Swaro. Best Wishes!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back