• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Compact Case for Lecia Monovid (1 Viewer)

akbaris

Canada
I am looking for a more compact case for my Leica Monovid to use in place of the bulky and delicate case that came with the monocular. Ideally made of Neoprene or leather. I like to be able to attach the case to my backpack shoulder straps or my belt or for protection when I keep it in my backpack. I have looked at many flashlight holsters and even pepper spray holsters but could not find a compact one that would be a good fit. Does anyone have any recommendations where I can find one? Thanks

I'm just going to jump in here and wish you a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum (y)
We're glad you found us and please join in wherever you like ;)

I am looking for a more compact case for my Leica Monovid to use in place of the bulky and delicate case that came with the monocular. Ideally made of Neoprene or leather. I like to be able to attach the case to my backpack shoulder straps or my belt or for protection when I keep it in my backpack. I have looked at many flashlight holsters and even pepper spray holsters but could not find a compact one that would be a good fit. Does anyone have any recommendations where I can find one? Thanks
I'm interested in the same thing. It needs to be easy to grab or I'll never use it.

Yes, the bulky Monovid "poser case" contradicts its intended use as a device you can carry along everytime. Hence, I use instead the soft leather pouch of a Carl Zeiss Monocular 8x20 that adds neither volume nor weight.

Hello akbaris this is what I use instead of the supplied Leica case.
It is a flat drawstring bag that I obtained from my local Outdoor and Camping shop , it is small and unobtrusive and works well.
The front lens cap for my Monovid is home made from a cut down plastic 35mm film container if you are wondering.
Enjoy your Monovid , they are fantastic instruments.
Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_0378.JPG
    IMG_0378.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 33
I recently purchased this case which is available through Amazon through various vendors. It fits the Monovid very well. Earphones Carrying Case Headphone Organizer Shock Proof Neoprene

After much re-search and trial and error I finally found the perfect fit, a compact and protective case for my Leica Monovid and thought to share it for anyone interested in a much more compact replacement case for carrying their monovid.

The case is inexpensive (I paid around $12 CDN) and I purchased mine through Amazon.ca. The same case seems to be available by different vendors under different names in Amazon markets and meant to be an earphone storage case but fits the Monovid perfectly.

Earbud Case, RISETECH Earphone Carrying Case Holder EVA Headphone Storage Bag Small Zipper Pouch

Monovid 2.jpgMonovid 1.jpgMonovid 3.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back